Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Lauren's POV:

The bell that signals school is over finally rings. I'm glad now, today was the day that I relized school actually can get worse. My first period teacher already hates me, Axel, Elizabeth, Jess and Kaitlyn. We wouldn't shut up during the whole class, I swear she was about to give us detention. Science is the only class besides lunch that we all have togehter, which is good I guess. I have math with Kaitlyn, Italian with Axel and Jess, English with Elizabeth, gym with Kaitlyn and Elizabeth, Social Studies with Elizabeth, Axel and Jess and art with Jess and Kaitlyn. Art is the only class that Axel and Jess don't have together and Axel was pissed at that. So now Jess, Kaitlyn and I are walking out of art towards our lockers. I saw from a distance that Axel was standing at Jess' locker clearly still pissed.

"I see Axel is still mad that you don't have last period with him." Kaitlyn tells Jess. Jess smiles

"Yea. He's overprotective like that. He barely even lets a guy look at me" Jess says while laughing at her last statement. Kaitlyn and I join her laughter, but then I stop when I remember something.

"Shawn is the same way. What's up with that?" I ask Jess and she immediatly freezes.

"Um I don't know. I guess since Axel and Shawn are best friends, they act the same" She responds unsure of her own words

"Ooookk??" I said unsure too. When I was about to ask Jess about that I see she already ran up to Axel looking worried. "Well alright then." I say to Kaitlyn

"Hm strange people we know" Kaitlyn responds and I just nod. 

"Hey guys what are you talking about?" Elizabeth says when she comes up to us. I see she already went to our locker.

"Oh just how strange our new friends are." Kaitlyn responds back

"Yea they are strange. But their as strange as rest of the new kids here" Elizabeth responds. 

"Yea really. I wonder what's up with them. Since they came, this school is like full of couples and I feel even more lonely" Elizabeth and Kaitlyn laugh at this and nod

"Same" Kaitlyn says

We all disperse and I head to my locker and put away my books. I love first days, you never get homework usually. I walk down the hall and out the doors toward my bu-

"Yo Lauren!" I hear someone call, interuppting my thoughts during the process. I stop and look to where I heard the voice come from. I was shocked at who I saw

"Shawn?!" I yell back. I see him smile and I could've melted right there and then. I see him running up to me and I start walking towards him meeting him halfway.

"Hey Lauren, what's up?" He asks and I stare at him like he's crazy

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I all but yell at him. He starts laughing. Really? Laughing? I glare at him

"Straight to the point I see" He says when he stops laughing and smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. "Well" He starts and put his arm around my shoulders successfully making me blush and leads us away from the buses and towards the parking lot. "I was at home in my office when I was thinking about this beautiful girl" He stops and looks at me and I feel my cheeks become tomato red "And I thought 'hey she must be coming out of school now, I should go and surprise her' so here I am, surprising her"

"How do you know what school I was at?" I question him giving him a confusing look. 

"Axel told me you to go to the same school now" He answers and I nod my head. "So" He starts "I was wondering if I can take you somewhere?" He asks sounding nervous. Why would he be nervous? A guy like him shouldn't be nervous.

"Sure, but where?" I ask him and he just smirks at me.

"It's a surprise princess" I feel my cheeks heat up again. What is this boy doing to me?! He stops walking and I look in front of me and my eyes go wide

"W-were going o-on a m-motorc-cyle" I say scared for my life. I never rode one before and I don't know how much I can trust Shawn especially with my life. He looks at me and he looks all worried and upset

"U-um yea-a. I thought you would like it" He states rubbing the back of his neck. "If you don't like it we can just walk or take the bus or something. I just don't get a lot of opportunities to ride this and I thought this would be a perfect time to ride it an-" I cut him off but putting my hand on his mouth again feeling all the sparks and I try my best to keep my eyes away from his. I know if I look in his eyes I would be mesmerized by his silver orbs and might never be able to look away

"It's fine, I just never rode one before" I say looking down. I feel his hand touching my chin bring my eyes up to meet his and I was trapped. I was trapped in his eyes, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't move. It felt like we've been starring into eachothers eyes for what felt like ever until he spoke up.

"There's a first time for everything" He says and I don't know why, but I got this hint that he wasn't just talking about the motorcycle. But that's crazy. I shook the thought out of my head and nodded still caught in his eyes. He smiles and I smile back and he breaks eye contact and hands me a helmet. I buckle the helmet and hop on the bike behind him hesitantly put my arms around his stomach. All the sparks were going haywire at this, they went from my arms all the way to the tip of my toes. I think he felt it too because he tensed a little bit before pulling the motorcycle out of the school parking lot and on our way to wherever were going.

"THAT WAS AMAZING!!" I scream when Shawn pulls the motorcycle into a parking spot and I jump off the bike. Hm. Surprisingly my legs feel like jello but they aren't giving out. Shawn laughs at my happiness and excitement and gets off the bike too. He takes mine helmet off and I blush at when his fingers touch my chin. He then takes his helmet off and puts both helmets into the compartment. I turn around and start walking but then my legs pratically give out and I start falling. Great, I jinxed it. Before I hit the ground two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me up. 

"Hm this is deja vu" We both laugh at this remembering that time when I tripped over my shoes on my way to the movies. "Anyway, are you alright" I just nod at him and he keeps one arm around my waist and starts leading me to where ever we are. When we reach the front of the building, my jaw drops and my eyes go wide.

"Oh he-" I was cut off by Shawn's hand covering my mouth preventing me from finishing my sentence.