Chapter 5

I walked into my class and seen the stupid cripple sitting at the desk in front of mine.

I walked up to him and handed him his notecard. "Read this when we present."

He grabbed it, looked at it, and then ripped it.

"What the hell!"

"I told you, I'm doing my part myself."

I growled and sat down. "If you blow this,"

"I'm dead?" He interrupted.

I sat there until class started and the teacher started calling everyone up to present.

"Next, Kami and Jerry."

I sighed and got up.

I stood at the front and read my part and left the rest to Jerry.

Okay, he seems to have known what he was doing. Wait... that wasn't in there. I can't believe this, he just making stuff up as he goes! I should have known.

Once he finished I stormed to my desk and slammed my head on the top of the desk. That idiot.

"You will be getting your grades tomorrow after you present your second part. Don't forget and make sure you get everything and are prepared." The teacher then stopped class for the day.

That god dammed cripple just ruined my perfect grades.

"Hey, how you think we did." He smiled.

Is he seriously nonchalant to the fact he just bullshitted through this?

I glared at him.

"You okay?"

I said nothing and stared out the window.

After finishing all three parts of the project, we ended up with a A- average, which pissed me off.

"Let's celebrate!" His face was glimmering with happiness.

"About what? We got an A- average for the whole project." Why should we celebrate something so imperfect?

"Let's go get some boba later." He cheerfully went back to his desk and seemed to admire his grade.

He must not get grades like that often.

The bell rings and I leave for my next classes until school ended.

I started heading out when Claire stopped me.

"What?"

"I heard, I'm sorry."

"Heard what?"

"Your grades."

"Hey, stop saying that!" I heard a voice in the distance.

I walked over and seen Jerry was cornered with two other students glaring at him.

"What makes you have the right to say something, cripple."

"Yeah, it's none of your business."

"You guys shouldn't be judging people by how they look, act, or what their grades are."

"Wow, braveness from a cripple."

They grabbed him by his shirt and lifted him against the wall.

"Learn your place."

I walked up to the students.

"Hey," I spoke. As they turned, I punched one in the face, knocking them down to the ground. "Leave him alone."

They looked in anger, yet fear, and ran off.

"Thanks.." Jerry stood up.

"Whatever. It's not fair for a cripple to be double teamed over.." That's too much, like an overkill.

I walked away and left school.

I walked to my dorm and Claire walked over towards me. "Hey!"

I didn't turn to look or anything, I just kept walking.

"Kami?"

"What?" I whipped around.

"Are you okay?"

Something feels off... her eyes aren't glowing, but it feels like she's using her ability..?

"I'm fine."

"It doesn't seem like it." She looked at me.

"Well since you know so well, then tell me."

She was taken aback. She must have forgotten I knew what her ability was.

"What's with that look on your face?"

"What's your problem lately!" She was upset.

I continued walking to my dorm.

"Don't ignore me."

I turned around and pushed her away with telekinesis, and then turned back around and continued walking to my dorm.

I heard a loud thud, assuming she had hit something.

I made it to my dorm and walked inside and sat down on the couch and sighed. Why does school have to be like this? People should just stay out of my way and let me be.

"Kami?" I heard someone walk in, it was Sara.

"Huh?"

"Headmaster wants to see you.."

"Am I in trouble?"

"Doesn't seem like it."

I sighed and walked out.

As I walked to the school, there was some other guy way ahead of me, orange hair.

Evan? No, it can't be, can it?

I walked in and he seemed to be going to the Headmaster too.

I followed behind him and pretended I didn't see him.

"Good afternoon."

I closed my eyes and prepared to listen.

"I've decided to go along with other middle schools in the district and have King and Queen, you two."

What!?

"This is only based off your ability levels currently, and you two will have to discuss who will be your Ace and Jack."

"Is that all?" Evan snarled.

"Yes, Thanks."

I walked out and stormed out of the school.

Evan? King?? His ability can't be that high! Mine is 7.6!

"Wait, Kami, can we talk?"

"About what?"

"He said it's based off our levels, and I didn't think mine was even that high to be able to have that, but I want to know yours."

"Tell me yours."

"Fine, since I don't want to deal with your power. It's 5.9."

And he's the second highest in this school? How in the hell-?

"Now can I know yours?"

"Nah~"

"What! But I told you mine."

I turned my head as I walked away. "I'm much more powerful than you."

How much more... He thought.

High enough to beat your ass and it would feel like I beat your ass a million times.

I walked out of the school and started thinking. I know almost no one at this school, who can be the Jack and Ace?

I walk into my dorm and seen Sara and Claire sitting and talking.

"Oh hey Kami."