Chapter 10

Percy's POV 

At work today, I'm going to ask the dolphins about Cleo and her friends. I feel really bad about this though, I'm invading her privacy so much here, just to find out why she and her friends have powers. I shouldn't be doing this to my cousin! I should just trust her! But no, I have to find out her secret (if she even has one (which I'm pretty sure she does)). I'm taking back-up today, because I need my bros with me to survive the day. I'm not bringing Annabeth, don't get me wrong, I love her and would do anything for her, but she can be quite bossy from time to time. So I'm taking Jason and Grover- my bros for life. I've asked my new boss, Kayli, and she said it was alright for me to bring friends (well she sarcastically said no, so I'm taking it as a yes).

And, I'm going to be late if I don't hurry up, so I get Jason and Grover from their hotel and head to the marine park. Hopefully I'm there before Cleo is, otherwise it would be awkward if I started talking to a dolphin right in from of her, then I would have to manipulate the mist to make her forget. I'm also not very good at the mist, so it would only be temporary, and the effects would wear off in a couple of days, so, yeah, it wouldn't be ideal.

At the Marine Park...

I arrive right on time to see Kayli struggling with training the dolphins. I then think, why not? and   walk over to her and push her into the water with the dolphin.

"Percy? Why did you just push Cleo into the water?" I hear the voice of the one and only, Kayli behind me.

"He thought it was you." Jason answers for me. Thanks a lot bro.

"Why were you going to push me into the water then?" She asks, with a glare that could rival Annabeth's.

"I thought it was a good idea." I shrug and say, ready to be fired on my first day. "Am I fired?" I ask.

"Not yet, but you're on thin ice. If it weren't for your amazing performance with the dolphins yesterday then-"

"I get it, I get it. I'm on thin ice. Now where do you want me to start?"

"You'll be on the souvenir cart for today- I don't think you're ready for the dolphins yet." She sees my disappointed expression and laughs. Then she says, "I'm kidding. You impressed me so much that I'm putting you with Cleo."

Yay! I'm on the Dolphins straight away! That was so much easier than I thought it would be.

Kayli walks away and I run to the pool where I pushed Cleo to apologise to her. "Hey, Cleo? I'm really sorry for pushing you. I honestly thought you were Kayli from behind. I would never have pushed you if I'd have known,you know with your fear of wate- WHAT?" I don't see Cleo I the water at all, no I see a human with a tail of a fish. A mermaid. "Jason, Grover, do you see her too?"

"We see her."

"Percy, your cousin's a mermaid!"

Unknown POV

"From this sample I've found outside of a strawberry farm half of the DNA is missing, Dr."

"Let me see that." I say. I look at this nail clipping Greg found on the beach. It's true. How could this be? This is like those girls a few years back. "When did you find it? What was it like?" I ask, needing more information.

"Well, I found it yesterday outside of the strawbery farm called 'Delphi's Strawberries', and it was covered in blood."

Blood? I need to research more into this. "Who was it from? Can we identify that?"

"I already have, and it's from a 17 year old guy called Perseus Jackson."

"We need to find him, have you got a location?"

"I have, and you'll never guess where it is and who his family are."

"Oh, just tell me or this good information you gave me will go to waste!"

"He's Cleo's, the girl from a few years ago, cousin. And he's living with them on Mako."

Well, this sure is interesting. 

Goodbye New York, Dr Denman is coming back to Mako. Get ready.