Chapter 3.

Once I finished work, I found myself sitting in the car outside of HES. For some reason I had a feeling that I would find Harry there. I took a deep breath before stepping out, trying to convince myself I could do it. Four years I had managed to live on without him. No matter what the outcome would be after I confronted him, I would be okay.

Stepping out from the car I slowly made my way to the massive entrance doors. It was only a few minutes past eight but the place looked like it had opened already and there was some cars parked outside. I got inside and let my eyes adjust to the dim light.

It was quiet, much more quiet than last night, soft music playing lowly in the background. Some tables were occupied with people eating and chatting. I let my eyes wander around the place, trying to locate Harry.

I glanced over at the bar and my breath caught as I saw a mop of curly hair. He was standing behind the counter, wiping down glasses.

He hadn't seen me yet so I took the opportunity to freely ogle, admiring his rough yet beautiful features. He wore a plain, black t-shirt with the arms cut off, tattoos scattered all over his left arm. Under the hardened shell I could still see the boy I had loved so dearly my entire childhood.

Old, forgotten feelings came rushing back then, feelings I'd pushed away the last four years and almost drowned me. I gulped and was about to turn around to leave, thinking it was a stupid idea to even bother with it all, when Harry looked up and met my stare.

A slow smirk spread across his lips as he nonchalantly threw the towel over his shoulder and beckoned me forward with his finger. I hesitantly walked over to the bar and tried to look like his presence didn't affect me in any particular way, but truly my stomach was revolting.

"Hey." I tried to smile, but it felt more like a grimace.

"Hi Ella. Stalking me so soon?" The smirk was even more evident on his pretty face up close, an unfamiliar glint in his eyes too. But the way my name sounded on his lips almost made me shiver.

I ignored his rude question and crossed my arms in front of me. "You work here?"

He let out a small laugh. "Yeah, I own this place."

My mouth fell open before I could hide my surprise. "You own this place?"

"Parrot much?" He picked up a new glass and continued his work. "Yes, I do. HES, sound familiar to you?" He spelled the letters out, H-E-S, and something clicked in my mind.

I couldn't believe I had been that thick. "HES as in Harry Edward Styles," I mumbled and trailed my fingers across the bar top.

"Smart girl. You like it?" He gestured with his hand around the area.

I nodded. "It's certainly different from the other bars here."

"Well, I figured this God-forgotten town needed something new and modern." He smiled now, what looked like a genuine smile and his dimples made him look slightly younger.

"When did you get back?" I asked, even though I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to this question. But I had to know.

"A couple of weeks ago." He glanced my way quickly, probably noticing the disbelief on my face.

"I've been here day and night, preparing and getting everything set up. We opened just last night," he said, sounding a bit apologetic.

I said nothing. What could I say? There was too much I wanted to say. But the person before me wasn't someone I knew any longer, not someone I could ask or tell whatever I wanted. Like I used to.