Chapter 9.

Harry dropped me off at home after we had spent the bigger part of the afternoon talking old memories and laughing about the things we used to do when we were kids.

After he waved goodbye from his car and drove off, I went inside with a silly smile on my lips and a happy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Even though he didn't want to talk about the past four years, his company soothed me. I knew we had a long way to go before things could go back to the way they were but after today I felt more than willing to work for it.

I pushed the Vans off my feet, threw my bag on the sofa and padded across the kitchen floor to make a cup of tea. Adam and his odd behaviour was still circling in the back of my mind and I glanced at the watch.

Two hours until he got off work and I could ask him about it. Why would he lie to me about a thing like that? He never lied. Not that I knew of anyway. Maybe he was planning something for us. It was strange though, since we had no anniversary coming up and no birthdays to celebrate.

Pouring the strawberry flavoured tea in a huge cup, I brought it with me to the living room and sat down. Still being early night, the sky outside the window was a beautiful mix of pink and orange colours.

I took a sip from the hot tea and contemplated whether to text Adam and tell him to come here when he finished or not.

With Harry still fresh in my mind, I didn't feel overly excited about spending the night with Adam. Some girlfriend I was.

But I had never doubted him before, not once questioned him or the love we shared. Until now. Was it all because of Harry and his sudden return? It couldn't be, since I had no feelings for him any longer. Him being back shouldn't affect me that much.

I let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed a hand across my face. I had no idea what to make of it all. In a weak attempt to try to let it all go for at least a couple of hours, I decided to order takeout from the pizza place and spend the rest of my night in front of Netflix.

Just as I was about to watch the last episode of The Vampire Diaries, I heard my phone buzz where it lay hidden in my bag. It must be Adam, he should've gotten off work just now. Pulling the bag closer, I reached down and grabbed the devious device. And sucked in a quick breath. It wasn't Adam.

Harry: Honestly I don't know why I'm texting you, but I just felt like doing it.

Me: You are so weird. Thanks for bringing me to the meadow today, it was nice.

Harry: Nice, huh? I would say pretty fucking great, but whatever works for you. And it was my pleasure.

Of course I had thought of it as more than nice, but it felt wrong to admit that for some unknown reason.

Me: What are you doing? :)

Harry: Working, unfortunately. We're not very busy tonight, though. You should come by.

I thought about that for a second, but I had work in the morning myself and was really tired.

Me: Poor you. I'm good, thanks. Going to bed soon.

Harry: You sure? Your lovely boyfriend just walked in.

I frowned while staring at his text. Adam was at HES? Without even bothering to call me first? Not that I didn't allow him to do things on his own, but he always called when he got off work. What was he up to?

Ignoring my boy problems, I put my phone on silent and pressed play on Netflix. My brain couldn't handle any more confusion tonight.

.