Chapter 12.

"Are you close, baby?" Adam groaned, his movements becoming jerkier and faster.

My mind was elsewhere and I couldn't bring myself to enjoy what was happening. "Mhm, soon there," I mumbled and let out a fake moan. I didn't even feel bad about it.

Two minutes later, Adam stilled and his mouth formed an O when he found his release. I played along, squeezing my legs around his back and letting small whimpers fall from my lips.

When he was done, he rolled off me and grinned. "That—" He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "—was amazing."

I forced a smile and got out off bed, in desperate need of a cold shower. Ever since that make out session with Harry last night, feelings of guilt had consumed me. Thinking I could make it up by spending a whole day with Adam and only focus on him, I quickly learned it only made it worse. And now I just had faked an orgasm for the first time since starting having sex with him.

Stepping into the shower I let the stream hit my face and relaxed a bit. I was glad this day from hell was over and I hoped I would wake up in the morning feeling a little less torn.

Harry's obscure words and abrupt departure made my heart crack. I felt used and dirty. There was something going on I didn't know of and I was now certain he wasn't eager to tell me. His promise of not trying to kiss me again had clearly been forgotten and I was mad with myself for not caring.

I wanted him to kiss me, touch me. The way he made me feel was out of this world and I was afraid it wouldn't change in the near future. My mind was a mess and I had no idea what to do.

Despite Adam's recent behaviour, I felt like the worst girlfriend on the planet.

Turning the shower off I stepped out and got dressed for bed. While brushing my teeth, I met my stare in the mirror. Who are you? A few weeks ago, infidelity barely even existed in my vocabulary. Spitting the toothpaste out, I made a face at myself and left the bathroom.

Adam was sprawled across the bed, sleeping with his mouth widely open. I rolled my eyes and started to push on his warm body to make room, when his phone lit up on the nightstand. Curious by nature, my hand had picked it up before my mind could register the motion.

H: Busy? Call me.

Frowning, I read the text over and over again. What was going on, who the hell was H? Could it be Harry? But why would he text my Adam? I almost cried from frustration, feeling like I would lose my mind any second because of all the secrecy that had been going on lately.

I tossed his phone beside him on the bed and yanked my pillow from under his head, having decided to spend the night on the sofa.

.

.

Once again I found myself at work. Sometimes it felt like I did nothing else besides work and drive myself mad with all the thoughts running around in my mind. I let out a huff and leaned my elbows on the counter. A glance at the clock on my wrist told me I had fours hours left before I could leave.

Madeline had called in sick this morning and I was forced to work with my obnoxious boss since he couldn't get anyone else to cover.

"Ella, don't slouch like that, it looks bad for the customers." His creaky voice made me shiver and clenched my jaw, pushing down a rude answer that wanted to slip past my lips.

"Sorry," I muttered and straightened up. There were currently as much as three people inside the café and I highly doubted they had time to care about me.