Chapter 24.

Once we finished dinner, we decided to continue to watch The OC where we left off the last time. Harry sat down in one corner of the sofa and motioned for me to sit down next to him.

I crawled up between his outstretched legs and rested my back against his hard chest. He put his arms around my waist and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

"Hmm, you smell so good," he whispered and touched his lips ever so lightly to the skin underneath my ear.

Letting out a shaky breath, I felt I could really get used to this, having Harry close. I'd missed him so much since he left and spending time with him like this made up for most of it.

Cuddling further into his embrace, I hummed quietly when his lips once more grazed my neck. Goosebumps appeared all over my arms and his chest shook from a quiet chuckle.

I closed my eyes and listened to the TV, letting my mind drift off. Harry's hands rested against my stomach and his thumbs rubbed in slow circles just under my breasts, making me both excited and relaxed.

I must've fallen asleep, because next thing I knew Harry was shaking me gently, murmuring my name. "Ella, are you awake?"

"What time is it?" I groaned and stretched out as much as I could in his tight grip.

"It's nearly midnight. You've been out for a while and I thought perhaps you wanted to go to bed," he said and caressed my cheek with the pads of his fingers.

"Yeah, might as well," I mumbled.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and squeezed his arms around my waist. "Do you mind if I stay the night? I've been drinking and shouldn't drive."

"Of course, I figured as much. You can take my bed, I'll just sleep here." I sat up and turned around to face him.

His evergreen eyes searched mine for a while and then he smiled softly. "No, silly. I'll sleep on the sofa."

I huffed and started to protest, but he put a hand over my mouth, effectively shutting me up.

"Just be quiet and hand me the blanket," he said with a grin.

"Fine," I grumbled and tried to stand up, but he tugged at my arm which made me fall back down in his lap. "Harry—"

"Where do you think you're going without giving me a goodnight kiss, hm?" he said and buried his face in my neck.

I laughed and gripped my hands on either side of his face, pressing my lips to his. He grunted in surprise at my unexpected move, but soon worked his mouth resolutely against mine.

Deciding to break it off before it escalated too much, I pulled back and stared into his eyes.

"I could really use some sleep," I mumbled and stroked my hand across the soft skin covering his cheekbone.

"Yeah, same," he said breathlessly and caught my hand, pulling it down to his mouth to place a lingering kiss on my palm. "Sleep well, baby."

"Goodnight, Harry." I smiled as I stood and didn't turn my head away from him until I rounded the corner.

As soon as I laid down in bed, my thoughts wandered over to Harry and the fact that he was sleeping a room away. Electricity seemed to spark over my skin when I imagined him sprawled out across the sofa, dressed only in his boxers.

I shivered and could picture his defined body with tattoos scattered down the length of his left arm. I hadn't actually seen him bare chested since he moved away, but my imagination held no limits.