Mornings

I woke up in the middle of an unknown bedroom that literally shook my soul. But then my fear subside when I realised that I was in my new house. Note that I said "house" not "home". Why? Because a home is filled with the people you love and cherish - in my case, the people I have knows for my whole life. Along with a brother who actually loves and cherishes me. The point is! The people I know.

I starched my tangled hair and I knew my head looked like a bird's nest, at the moment. But I couldn't care less.

I sighed and looked for my phone in this queen sized bed. After retrieving my phone I opened it and saw a couple of messages. Some from Sarah asking me how was my first night in this house with a strange stranger - I know only hot gossips about. Along with, how was my morning so far. I texted her saying "It wasn't that good. He's rude and intimidating. The tabloids were true after all" I hit send.

I took off the sheets and grabbed my cane to go and get a shower. Showering was a hard task for me at first. With my one leg not working I just sit in the bath tub after washing my hair thoroughly. A bath bomb helps me to get a lavendery scent.

After taking a shower and changing into simple clothes. I looked at the watch hanging in front of me and saw it was only 9.am in the morning. I didn't think that he would be awake at this time.

Should I just stay in this room for the rest of 364 days? Or should I be a part of this house? I thought when my wandered off to last night. His attitude was too much for me to handle. And I just couldn't bare him and his existence at all! But I convinced myself that he is - in fact - a punishment for my unknown sins.

I pushed away every thought in my brain and opened my new bedroom door. I didn't know that this house was going to be like a maze for me. But then I repeated to myself. Find the ramp and go to the kitchen you saw last night.

After five minutes, I finally found the ramp and went to the kitchen. I know that this is wrong. And I should be modest and polite. I should ask them to get me something to eat. But I wanted to make myself at home.

I reached the counter and looked around. Then I went to the fridge and finding it fully stocked with everything you can get from a grocery mart. I hunted for peanut butter and jelly to make myself some PB&J for breakfast. I looked to my left as I hummed to the small melody in my mind subconsciously - when I reached for the expresso coffee machine. There were instructions printed on the side and it took me 15 minutes to make myself a nice cup of coffee.

The main living room was attached to the kitchen. I walked to the couches and set my food on the black coffee table in front of me.

I hadn't even taken the first bite when I heard to door bell rang. When no one answered it, I decided to follow the voice and go open the door. As the set my food down - the knocking on the door became impatient. I said out loud "Okay!  Okay! I'm opening the door chill!" The knocking stopped.

I had my hand on the door knob - debating if I should open the door or not. I sighed and chuckled at the ridiculousness I felt in the moment. I let out a sigh and gripped my cane hard.

I slide the door open to reveal a very familiar women with jet black hair and dull green eyes. Her skin was the shade of snow. Her gaze was mixed with confusion and anger as she looked down at me in those pencil heels.

Nora Roberts. The New York's elite.  A Victoria Secret angle. The life of this woman was quite scandalous. But she appeared to be "a friend" to Rhys. The tabloids said that.

"Who are you?" She said with an unnecessary rudeness laced in her voice. Do rich people really need to talk like they are Greek gods?

"I'm-" I spoke but someone decided to cut me off. I looked behind me and found Rhys Holt staring at me and Nora Roberts with confusion itched on his face.