Chances

Giving up has never been an option for Camille. Especially after finding out that her fake act of happiness isn't fooling anyone, she decides to go back to school. To the same routine but with a different mindset. Finally, she'll be able to break free from the voices, from her fears, from everyone holding her back. The determination to face the truth and stop pretending for others is finally shining through. Enjoying a moment with Ally and Paige, something the three girls haven't had the chance to do in a while.

"This feels nice," Ally comments while handing Camille half of her KitKat Chocolate. Ignoring the curious glares thanks to her bruises, Camille grins widely.

"Thanks!" she says with a radiant gleam that seems to alert Paige.

"What happened, to you?" Paige asks with skeptical eyes.

Camille lets the delicious chocolate melt in her mouth, to find the crunchy cracker inside with even more chocolate, she smiles as the flavor travels all the way down her throat.

"What do you mean?" Camille asks trying to enjoy the chocolate to the maximum.

Paige glares at her in an accusative way, Camille glances at Ally, who quietly watches the different attitude in her as well but finds nothing wrong with it. She shrugs her shoulders while she unwraps another package.

"What? Is it wrong to be happy, and not really care about them." Camille says glancing back at the eyes surrounding them.

"I guess you're right." Ally says sharing another piece with her.

Paige stops smiling as soon as Kate and her friends appear in the cafeteria's entrance. Immediately meeting her eyes, being the defensive friend, she is. Kate feels the need to stand up for Camille, sensing Kate's intentions as soon as she starts to move in their direction.

"Stay alert," Paige warns her friends.

Taking advantage of the fact that Adam has basketball practice and he's not around to defend his girlfriend, Kate grins triumphally. Her eyes sharp like daggers, her bouncy waves shine lively as she takes a seat next to Ally. Giving her a slight push, she flashes her perfect grin at Paige.

Ally fights her back by stiffening her body. She fixes her glasses and looks right at Kate in the eyes. Although she's always quiet, and timid, Ally has always stood up to Kate, and that's admirable to everyone. Kate ignores Ally and turns to glare right at Camille.

"I just wanted to say that I'm happy for you. Truly happy, Camille." Kate says with an evidently bogus tone.

"Thank you?" Camille answers trying to keep it simple and not give Kate the so needed attention she craves.

"Yeah, I mean. The relief to know that alcoholic tramp is not your father. Thank God, right?" Kate says as Brook takes a seat next to Camille giving her a phony smile. Camille ignores her and focuses on Kate.

"But now you have to wonder, your mom-"

"Don't you dare..." Camille warns her immediately, finally giving up on Kate's persistent attack. She flinches back in a fake scared gestured.

"I just feel sorry for Adam," her bitter tone taking the best of her, her green eyes full of hatred.

"Someone with impressive family values. He can have the world to his feet, any girl he wants, but you. What did you do to Adam to make him such a pathetic dog following you around... obviously is the looks, but then with a mother likes yours..." Kate says her tone sharp and hurtful, her eyes piercing Camille's pride with the sharpest words?

These words hurt her greatly, for the simple reason that Kate is right in some of the things she said. Although her family survives, is nothing compared to Adam's family. He comes from the best families in Primavera Town. Someone so different to her, with a father, that is a drunk abuser. Kate is right, her mother had to be unfaithful to that man to have her, that would explain Steve's hatred.