Chapter Thirty Five

I apologize in advance if this is short

So this won't be in ANYONE'S point of view, ok?

______________________________________

The two stared straight ahead, fear clearly evident in their posture.

"We should go towards it. There's something waiting for us, I can feel it," He mumbled, not once breaking his gaze on the tunnel.

"Harry-"

"C'mon, lets go," He suddenly cut her off, pulling them both towards the tunnel. She struggled in his tight grip, wanting to do nothing with that demonic hole.

"Harry, stop!" She begged, her heart picking up its pace. He ignored her and the closer they got, the more she started to freak out. No matter what she said, he wouldn't give in.

"See, we're fine," He stated as they stood in front of the tunnel. Slowly, she moved behind him, peeking her head out to stare at it. It became silent and she could have sworn she heard a sudden noise.

"D-Did you hear that? I heard it," She stammered, her heart fully pounding against her chest.

"You're just paranoid, Carter," He chuckled. It took her a moment to process that Harry had taken two big steps, standing right in front of the large tunnel.

"Harry! Please don't go in," She continued to beg. He stared and stared, ignoring her pleads like he had been doing not too long ago.

"I can feel it. . . Staring," He whispered, face contorted with determination. "Hey!"

"What are you doing?"

"Why don't you show yourself, ass sucker!"

She stared in shock, scared to see what he was exactly talking to. He did really mean it when he said, we're in deep shit. And it took only a few seconds to get a response.

"Ooh shit," He cursed, suddenly backing away. "Did I just say that?" He turned to her with his eyebrows furrowed. She reluctantly nodded, mirroring the same expression he had.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, noticing him stumble over a few steps.

"I. . . I don't know. I feel really weird," He whispered, placing a hand atop his head, gently rubbing it in attempt to sooth what seemed to be a big, fat migraine. "My head hurts like hell!"

She tried to talk to him with a little reassurance, but nothing was working. So, she decided to inspect his head. She finally found the source; it was a wound.

"Your head is bleeding."

"How? What the fuck," He breathed heavily, looking all around. "God, I feel nauseous."

"Sit down," She quickly ordered, pulling him towards a tree trunk. Once they had both taken a seat, it was lights out for Harry. "Harry?" She leaned over, shaking his shoulders. She felt for his pulse, immediately finding it in relief. She felt so unprotected and in the open. It was her turn to take care and protect him.

Up until this very moment.

A snap sounded from behind. Slowly, she glanced over her shoulder, seeing nothing but trees. She sighed in another big relief, which didn't last very long. She turned around, screaming in terror at the sight set out. Quickly standing to her feet, she pushed the creature away with the tiny ounce of confidence left.

"Go away!" She yelled, shooing it away from unconscious Harry. The skeleton like creature glared at her, attempting to pass by. It growled in anger, not fully succeeding it's task. "Shoo," She repeated as if it were a pesky bug. It continued to growl at her, not liking the fact that she was in the way.

Stepping back, it lifted it's head to the dark sky and let out an ear-splitting scream. She quickly covered her ears and watched as many more appeared from the darkness. All she could do was watch them crawl forward. Circling around the two, she could easily remember how it went down last time. The only thing on her mind was to protect Harry.

Turning around and falling to her knees, she noticed the absence of the unconscious body. Frantically look around, she spotted a certain creature dragging him towards the tunnel. She quickly raised to her feet and chased after it, realizing he was already in the tunnel.

"Let him go!" She cried out. The creature stopped limping and stared, it's boney jaw clenching and unclenching. They stared, fear radiating off her body and giving the creature plenty of pleasure. Something moved in the corner of her eye and when she glanced to the spot Harry laid, she saw nothing. He wasn't there; the panic had fully set in again. "W-What. . . What did you do with him?" She shouted, backing away from the creature. It stood still, slowly dissolving into thin air.

She continued to stare in shock.

Am I going crazy?

Rubbing her eyes and pinching her skin didn't do the job. All she could think of was an unconscious, unprotected Harry. So, she continued to shout his name, hoping for a response. He could be deep in the tunnel. That's what she had feared.

Taking a step forward, her whole world seemed to suddenly dissolve. It was as if she had taken a load of looney pills that made her imagination all whack.

"Where am I?" She whispered to herself, looking all around for anything familiar. It was all completely new. She was in a cornfield, standing in front of a path set out ahead of her. She followed it, attempting to find the end. It only lead her back to where she started.

She was lost in a cornfield, without an explanation as to how. Dropping to her knees, a loud sob escaped past her lips, her body tired and running out of energy so quickly.

• • •

Somewhere in the dark tunnel, the boy lay in a heap of sweat. He was fully awake with face full of confusion.

"Carter?" He breathed out, raising his arms to feel what was surrounding him. "Carter, where are you?" He frantically asked, standing to his feet. His heart pounding against his chest the same time. A loud, demonic laughter erupted from behind him, making him flinch. He turned around, not able to make out what it was.

"My boy, she has left."

His eyebrows furrowed, hands shaking at the thought of this ugly beast hurting his precious angel. "What did you do with her?" He demanded, but all he got was a slight chuckle. "Answer the damn question!"

"I had decided to give you two some. . . Space."

"I swear, if you lay a fucking had on her-"

"What if I already did? Her screams, they are music to my ears."

Gripping his hair, he clenched his teeth and held back a yell. "What do you fucking want from us!" He cried out in anger.

"It was a simple task," He chuckled.

To steal a battered soul, one must take away the only source of light in his or her life.

______________________________________

Author's Note -

I again apologize for such a quick chapter! I just hate making you guys wait :(