155. Palisia Broadcasting Station

We soon crossed the beautifully illuminated Connelim Bridge and over to the small island of Palm that was just off the shore of Lumina. Looking over to my left and past the separation barrier that separated the flow of traffic as well as the traffic of cars leaving Palim and back onto the mainland portion of Palisia, I could see the mouth of the Helliger River where it connected with the Oceanus Leshius. The sparkling lights from the Nocsinis skyline shined in the night and were reflected in the ocean waters.

We soon traversed through the streets of the district of Palim and towards the Palisia Broadcast Station's main building, which is one of the largest stations in the empire. The building was large and had a pretty unique design as it was to be original in order to stand out from the neighboring buildings. The building was also not built very tall as well with it being only fifteen stories in height but making up for the missed-out opportunity of more space in the form of it covering a larger land area. Within this building are the different studios, some for news reports, some for talk shows, and some for filming movies. In addition, there were also radio stations within the building as well in order to provide entertainment to the many drivers within Palisia and the neighboring provinces. However, that doesn't mean that the building doesn't have many office areas. In fact, a decent portion of the Palisia Broadcast Station's main building consisted of office work areas for footage editing, time scheduling, etc.

The SUV that we were on entered through the manned barricade leading into the underground parking lot which was for the staff and celebrities who came to film. By separating visitor parking from the one that the staff and celebrities use, this allows for the greatest convenience and efficiency for the workers. However, I do not believe there needs to be a worry for visitors since tour hours have long past.

This was my first time visiting the Palisia Broadcasting Station, so I was rather quite excited. Since I was going through the building without the tour guides fettering my liberties, I might just be able to see some famous celebrities. Well, I guess I am walking beside one already, but due to my daily interactions with Irina, I really can't compare her to the celebrities on television as I get to see the normal side of her. It has gotten to the point that I was initially quite surprised to see Irina in commercials or make special appearances in drama series. 

"Do you come here often?" I asked Irina as I trailed behind her as we made our way into the building and down the long and brightly illuminated hallway with the ceiling lights.

"Yeah," she responded. "Most of the shows are filmed here."

"Including Go Running?" I asked about the show that she will be filming.

"No, that one just simply starts at PBS," she answered and referenced the Palisia Broadcasting Station with its acronym. "Each episode of the show always takes place outdoors and in the city and this one is no different. If I have to guess, I think we'll simply film the introductory portions of the episode at SBS and then move towards the mainland in order to complete any objectives that the program asks of us."

What Irina was describing resembled the basic outline of the Go Running variety show. However, the show was never repetitive or boring as the production team always are able to come up with some interesting and original games or rules. In addition, the regular MC's of the show are all major celebrities and stars in the business with many of them having been on screen for more than ten years already. Therefore, their humorous personality will always be able to steer the show in a comedic and funny direction no matter what.

As we walked down the hallway in the first story of the PBS building, we came across a set of glass doors that leads into the main lobby area where a gift shop, as well as a cafe, was located. We passed through those doors as I guess our destination was elsewhere. The gift store appeared to have closed for the day as there were no more scheduled tours and they don't generally hand out visiter passes for independent visitors this late in the day. However, the cafe was still open, although with fewer staff, to accomodate the employees of SBS who needed a quick meal in between their overtime shifts. Based off of the number of employees sipping on a cup of coffee and biting into a sandwich, I guess producing a good show really takes plenty of effort as they did not look like they were ready to head home.