CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

Orpheus' POV:

I urged Ithrendal to follow Obsidian through the clouds. Seeing the black dragon hurt and alone caused Aurora to invade my mind. I love her so much, I know that she doesn't feel the same way about me, at least not in a romantic way but that doesn't change the way that I feel about her. I honestly don't know what I would do if something were to happen to her. 

I watched the small wisps of clouds carefully as we flew, occasionally reaching out to touch them as we sped through the mist. I hadn't slept in two days and it was finally taking a toll on my body, my eyelids felt like weights and my head spun painfully, reminding me that I couldn't function on such low energy. 

I ran a hand through my messy hair and let out a small yawn before I leant down over Ithrendal's neck with one arm each side.

"Follow Obsidian" I whispered, causing Ithrendal to turn his head towards me slightly. "Oh, and catch me if I fall" I added with a small laugh.

He let out a small purr before he returned his attention to the long stretch of sky ahead of us. I let out a small chuckle before I rested my head on his neck. As soon as I closed my eyes sleep immediately washed over me, plunging me into a distant memory.

------------------------------------------------------

"Orpheus!" called my eldest brother. 

I let a small giggle escape my lips, causing me to immediately cover my mouth. I backed up further into the green leaves until my back was pressed up against the hard patterned trunk of the tree that I was crouched in an effort to hide from him. 

A few moments of anticipating silence went by before a twig snapped somewhere below me.

"Gotcha!" he exclaimed, pulling me out of the tree. 

I looked up at how his magnificent pearly white wings glimmered against the enhancing blue sky and burst into laughter. 

"Armaros... put me down" I fake whined through my laughter as he sored through the light air. 

He swiftly lowered me down to the ground and watched in great amusement as I stumbled around a couple of paces.

"You're so bad at this game little brother" he laughed, his wings spread out impressively behind him. 

"Hey! I'm not that little" I said in annoyance "I'm 13 now" I finished proudly in a matter of fact tone. 

"I suppose your not that little any more" he replied, looking over my face as if he was trying to take notes of every small detail. 

"Do you really have to go?" I asked, picking up on the change of atmosphere. 

"Yes, it's a great honour to attend Angel Academy"  he answered, reaching forward to ruffle my hair.

"Can I go with you?" I asked curiously, wondering why he had to go alone.

"Not yet, but as soon as you are sixteen you can come and join me," he said offering a smile.

A small smile tugged at my lips at the sight of my brother's happy face.

"Don't worry brother, you won't be alone up there for too long, I'll be able to come and keep you company next year" announced the voice of my other older brother Orfeo.

He walked through the trees with my twin Adelia by his side and stared at Armaros with a big grin on his face.

"Theo!" I greeted, running to give him a bear hug.