Chapter TwentySix

NOT EDITED.

Chapter 26

Arabella Baine

Mate…’ my wolf whimpered at what was supposed to be Rylan’s declaration of love for me.

I smiled, meeting Rylan’s dark eyes. “I’ll believe it when he says it himself, Zandros.” I winked and challenged two other wolves. But before I could land a punch, another wolf stepped up and fought them off for me. His dark eyes stared back at mine as he continually nudged his head to the left.

Huddled closely together, the Shamans held their hands together and managed to work against the power of the magiks. In no time, some of the Alphas shifted back.

Stubborn little Shamans,’ the all too familiar high pitched voice whispered in my mind. ‘I’ll take care of it.’ As soon as those words were spoken, the Shamans all fell on their knees and broke free from each other’s grasp.

“You have a choice,” I stated, walking in front of them. “Give up now and nothing will happen to you or your comrades. Continue and we will eventually be forced to kill you all off.

“I cannot,” their leader frowned deeply, looking at Baine fearfully. “He has promised us all land and power… He will kill our family if we betray him…”

“No he wouldn’t. I give you my word, I will protect them from harm.” I looked into his fearful eyes, watching as a variety of emotions swirled within them.

“Do not listen to him, Yuma. You know better than to trust her. She is the enemy,” one voice, looking back at me with a dark expression. Bastard, he is another version of Baine.

“I do know how to keep promises. I will assure you that I will never betray you. I just want all of this to end. Weren’t Shamans peaceful creatures? Why, you look like a bunch of blood thirsty fools,” at the last statement, I directed it toward the bastard.

“I think she is right,” Yuma stepped in, gazing at me intently. “I am tired of this. I want to live in peace with my family once again.”

“What are you saying? We are going to back down and let all of our hard work go to waste?” the other protested, glaring at me. “We have come too far and-“

“I am the leader! And you will do as I say, even if you are opposed to it.” Earning a few grunts of disapproval, the Shamans backed away. His deep brown hair and warm brown eye bored through me as he smiled. “I will call of the other Shamans. I think that we have been gravely mistaken in partaking in your battles. We have been hunted down my werewolves for centuries. Baine has made the outlook of joining his side for land and power very promising. I am sorry for all the trouble we have caused you and your pack…”

“Arabella,” I finished for him, returning his smile. Shamans weren’t so bad afterall. Sometimes, talking it out is greater than fighting each other to the death. “I’m glad you have finally come to your senses. Many women, including yours truly, have suffered greatly under Baine’s hands. We simply do not want our children to live in fear anymore. Baine may be great at making promises but he is not so great at following through them. I should know.”

“Let’s go,” Yuma urged his men as they disappeared through the forest.

“That’s my Luna,” Rylan burst out as his eyes turned back to their normal topaz colors. “So proud…” he whispered as Baine took advantage of his distraction. His canines dug onto his arm, earning a painful growl from Rylan.