Volume 2 Chapter 6: This Is War

[UNEDITED]

Shuren woke up in the Crown Prince's chambers. Then it all clicked.

"Holy shit? Did I really do that with the crown prince! Oh my god, dumb dumb dumb dumb!" He was red like a tomato.

System: Hehehe, Host. I captured every single detail of that scene. Does Host want to see it? ┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬

Tiu Zhelan: You freaking pervert! He took advantage of me that time... I was ... h-half asleep. Yeah! HALF-ASLEEP so can you please delete that!

It was already night. The Crown Prince still hasn't come back so he decided to escape. Muttering 'I'm gonna beat that Gong Li up!' repeatedly.

~*~

"2nd Prince greets Imperial Brother." Gong Yu did a curtsy and smirked at Gong Li.

"Brother, You're finally back, huh?" Gong Li smirked back. The eunuchs and the palace maids could feel the tension.

Gong Yu crossed his arms and raised his eyebrow. "How are you, Elder Brother? I heard some rumors about you. Tsk tsk, to be depressed for losing your lover?"

"You dare speak this way to this Crown Prince?"  Gong Li doesn't want to deal with Gong Yu. He knows this brother of his up to something. "Oh, and by the way. Those rumors you heard, you believe those things? I didn't know your hobby was gossiping like palace maids."

Gong Yu frowned. He whispered to his brother's ear, "This is war." And smiled 'sweetly'.

Gong Li just proceeded back to his chamber and found his bed empty. He thought, 'Shuren, I will never let you go again.'

~*~

Host, I found some important details in the story. Do you want to see it? 

'Important details? Huh? Oh, sure okay system.'

Some of the evidences regarding the Huo family's schemes are fabricated. This could mean that the Huo didn't do acts such as treason. I advice host to personally investigate the matter. 

'Wow, you're finally being a helpful system. I like that very much! '

... 

'Do you have anything to say?'

Host, remember Gong Yu is the villain of this story. And the chances of survival I gave you three years ago has changed already. Be careful, host. 

'System, this world is too hard and complicated!'

Shuren got the evidences from System and found some inconsistencies. If the evidences were faked, he will not be afraid on siding with the Crown Prince. With this, he felt relieved.

He decided to visit his father.

He saw his father and his mother sitting in the garden drinking tea. He approached them. The guards and the pair noticed a familiar figure.

"Father... Mother..."

Mother Huo widened her eyes, as she saw her son. She cried and hugged him dearly. 

"Oh dear son, where have you been! *sob* You made me worry! You're gone for three years!" 

Father Huo smacked Shuren in the head. "You unfilial son! You dare come back after missing for three years! You better explain your acts right now, boy!"

"Ouch!" Shuren held the are where his father has hit him. "Father... Shuren did this for the Huo's safety. I went with the 2nd Prince-"

"You did what, now?! Son, are you planning on betraying the Emperor!?"

"N-no! He said he knew about the Huo's schemes. S-so I investigated about it. I know it was faked, and now I got enough evidence incase our Huo family is in danger." With this, the trio hugged each other.

And yep, the news of the missing Eldest Young Master of the Huo coming back was spread in the whole palace.