Chapter 21 Part 2

Super typhoon in the area. Please pray for us.

Chapter 21 Part 2

Clinic

I didn't realize the place way was outside of the city. And as we passed the last sub-urban townhouses, I wondered what I was looking for with going through this.

Why follow an address on a shady calling given by a supposed friend in the past?

There was a very simplistic answer to that: I wanted to know myself—No, scratch that—I needed to know myself even just a little bit. It was hard enough having to move forward with a deep yawning abyss for a past. But if that past was going to jump out at any moment and surprise me like what happened just now during lunch... what was I supposed to do?

There was nagging at the back of my head that was raising a red flag and it was just too hard to ignore.

"But don't go looking for triggers. It's not just yourself you have to think of. And I believe we both agree the baby takes precedence in this case."

Mara's words came back out of nowhere and I bit my lip. My hand immediately felt for the child securely laying low on my stomach.

Just a little, baby. Just an idea of who I was. Just this much and I wouldn't ask for too much of the past.

"We're here."

I looked up, not realizing the taxi was already parked on the side of the road. There stood a quaint single-floor box-type private clinic painted in all white. Three cars were parked in front of the building and other than the couple that was coming out of the front entrance, there seemed to be no one else.

I pulled out the calling card given to me.

Dr. Churchill Morgan, MD

Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist.

The label was written in bold print on the signage in front of the clinic. Unlike the signage, the calling card only had the name, contact details and the address.

Was this supposed to be some dramatic surprise? If so, it wasn't a good one. Of course a pregnancy required an able OB.

I already had my own OB, Zachary made sure of that. When I woke up after the accident, he had me subjected to a complete medical check-up. And when he found out I was pregnant, a distinguished doctor was flown in from another state. From my private room to the extra effort the nurses made to make me feel comfortable, though I was half out of my mind from the inability to recall who I was, I knew expensive strings had to be pulled for such attention.

Even so, something in me still urged to check out the place. After paying for the fare, I walked into the clinic. The receptionist, wearing purple scrubs, immediately greeted me with a smile upon entering.

"Do you have an appointment, Miss?"

I immediately shook my head, "No, but I..." I showed her the calling card, I was still going to explain my purpose going here being only to check out the place but she was already nodding as if understanding.

She took the card from my hand with a wider, more enthusiastic smile, "This way, Ma'am."

She turned to the corridor, already leading me into the clinic and I was left to follow her, feeling confused. A few patients were sitting on the waiting benches, watching us pass by. But we walked farther into the clinic to the back-most room, which the receptionist then opened.

She gestured me inside, "Please, come in."

When I saw the examination bed and the apparatus beside it in the corner of the room, I had my first doubts. I turned to the receptionist who pointed me to the receiving desk.