Life 1: Not a Devil, not Evil.

"THOU, MiGhTy GoD, whO WiLL deSTroY The lAwS oF HeaVEn anD hEll, RiSE! FoR thOU SHaLt ObTaiN ThE KnOWleDge To FaCe The OBSTacles In tHy ChOSeN ROaD!"

Part 1

"Onii-sama! What is the meaning of this!? You said that he could reincarnate into a Devil... so why can't I make him my servant?"

Rias Gremory asked in shock upon hearing the irksome response of her brother. She couldn't believe it. Her chance of getting a powerful servant had been presented before her, yet her brother simply stated that such was beyond the bounds of possibility.

However, Rias wasn't one to give up so easily, at least she wouldn't accept it unless there was a good reason for her to desist.

"Onii-sama, please answer me..."

Sirzechs sighed, crossing his fingers as he remained sat in the large sofa. Near him was Grayfia, the maid that served the Gremory family who stood behind the furniture, and by his side, Venelana Gremory, mother of both young Devils with crimson hair.

Inside one of the many rooms of the Gremory Mansion, the high-class Devils had gathered to discuss their current affairs. Of course, all were related to the evil God that was currently inside the Great Library of the Palace, as he had stated that he was interested in gaining knowledge of the world he was in. No one had dared to disturb him since.

"I think you are misunderstanding something, Rias. It's not that I don't want you to make him your servant, but you see, the problem is..." The Demon Lord stopped briefly, searching for the words to sugar-coat his answer, yet he couldn't grasp any at that moment. "...that you can't, not anymore."

"Not anymore?"

"Yes..." Sirzechs confirmed, his eyes sharp, "And I have to say that I'm still a bit shocked myself because I have never seen something so strange in all the time I have lived. Not even our father, I assume," He sighed, "I'm sorry Rias, but you don't have the power to do so."

Rias tightened her gaze as she felt agitated, even annoyed. Apparently, the reason for why she couldn't make that evil God her servant, as her brother had informed, was because... of her own inability?

"Explain it clearly, onii-sama. You said it yourself, even if he is an evil God..."

"Yes..." Sirzechs paused, studying his sister's face. "Incredibly, this unknown deity does fulfill the conditions to be able to reincarnate as a Devil despite being a God, which is extremely rare. But that's of no importance as not even I can make him my servant."

Everyone around him widened their eyes with the exception of Venelana, Grayfia and Lord Gremory, current head of the Gremory clan and father to both Rias and Sirzechs, who was seated in a comfortably padded chair.

"Even as the Demon Lord, that's beyond my reach," He sighed, then rested his back on the comfortable sofa.

During the last weeks since the God's arrival, Sirzechs had been using whatever resources he had at his disposal to gather information and discover the identity of their increasingly distinguished guest, but that wasn't meant to occur as he didn't find even the tiniest bit of information about the existence of someone with his characteristics.

Even the data supplied by the books that Sairaorg Bael loaned to the Gremory in order to search for the possibility of the God being related to the mythical Bishamonten resulted fruitlessness. Sirzechs found no proof of a connection between them.

Just another dead end.

Rias noticed the perplexity painted over her brother's face; an expression that was rather unusual to emerge across his features.