(Arc 2) 1

(A/N: So this is the start of Arc 2...I hope it goes well!)

Yun Heng's soul enters the space. Looking around, it's no longer the black space it used to be. He has entered a dimly lit lounge. There are sofas, beanbags, and a bar on the right hand side of the room. In the back there's a billiards table and a gaming console. It looks more like a rec room than a system space. Ni Ni is sitting on the sofa and she gestures for him to come sit on the sofa in front of her.

[I'm sure you're wondering why the space. I just revamped it a little. I thought it would look more homey, and if you want to take a little break between missions you can come relax.]

Ni Ni looks at Yun Heng nervously checking to see his facial expression. Now that he has learned to feel, she can read him a little. Thinking that he must be grieving or devastated over the loss of Yixuan, Ni Ni hopes that this can help get Yun Heng's mind off of things, or at least give him some time. When Ni Ni sees that his face is as expressionless as it once used to be she gets a bad feeling in her gut.

[Host? Are you okay? How do you feel?]

I don't feel anything Ni Ni, it's like that world never happened.

[You do remember it right Host?]

Yes, but it's like a movie, I can watch it but I don't remember how anything feels

Ni Ni is devastated. He lost everything. All of the progress...his ability to love. What about his feelings towards Yixuan? Did he lose that too?

[Host...What about Yixuan? Do you feel anything for him?]

Ni Ni sees Yun Heng pause for a few seconds, and then he slowly says, "No". Ni Ni feels like that was a little off. Why did he have to think about it? Is he denying something? She wants to ask more about what's going on but Yun Heng cuts her off.

Ni Ni, send me to the next mission world.

[Are you sure you don't want a break Host?]

Just do it Ni Ni.

[Oh before I send you, let me tell you about your rewards. You completed all of the missions in your first world so you get 4000 points. You can use these points to buy any skills or items in the system store. Do you want to check the store?]

No

[Okay, also since you managed to complete the mission despite the classified information you get to learn two free skills! Choose well, nothing will ever be free again. These people are real cheapskates.]

Here's a list:

Martial Arts

Music

Cooking

Dancing

Weapons designing

Acting

There are more, but these are the only choices for free skills.

I choose martial arts and music.

40 years pass in the space as he is grilled in learning martial arts and music. He is proficient in singing, qin, piano and violin. He is at the early advanced level of martial arts, but it should be enough to deal with most experts unless they are one of those people who spent their whole lives learning martial arts.

Send me to the mission Ni Ni

[Okay Host]

Yun Heng falls to the ground unconscious. He feels a piercing pain throughout his body, as if he's being stabbed a million times, but he's mute throughout the experience. Once again Ni Ni looks at her host in wonder.