|65| two wrongs make a right

Vote & comment if you enjoy! <3

It's been seven days... Seven goddamn days... It feels like seven years.

I lay in the bathtub like a plank of wood, my head slipping lower and lower down the milky slope while faucets blast angrily at my feet. All motivation to bathe left my body twenty minutes ago to the point where I'm still in my underwear and socks. Quite frankly, if the tub fills up to the top, I don't know if I'll bother moving.

I've been skipping school for a week now that everyone thinks I'm a low-level prostitute. I can only imagine my name now being at the peak of gossip but I'm sure Mina's probably out there defending me, I feel bad that I haven't been responding to her texts, or anyone's for that matter.

The water in the tub rises from my calves to my waist. My dad will probably scold me when he sees this months water bill, at least then he'll show me some attention. He's at work more than ever, so is mom, Margo isn't here, Tye hates me, Gretchen hates me, Teddy hates me, Taehyung...

Taehyung...

I miss him so much it hurts...

In my hand lies the necklace I dived deep for despite being a weak swimmer. I hold it up high, my gaze bounces between each petite diamond that glistens and swings around. What used to warm my heart with every glance now brings me chilling flashbacks. I remember how I held it on my way home with dripping hair and chattering teeth, looking at the golden-lit penthouse one last time before the taxi drove away and the illuminated view was replaced with dark, shadowy trees.

He didn't even pay me a second glance when I jumped...

His intimidating voice... Those blood-smeared lips... The harsh feeling of metal snapping at the back of my neck while he glares at me with hollow, soulless eyes... It was all I could think about. The most frightening thing I had ever seen. I had no idea he could look like that, like a whole new person... Part of me wonders if that was even the same person I fell in love with.

Knowing that he opened up to me about so much only to find out I had been lying to him is what's killing me inside. It's true when they say you don't know what you have until you've lost it. If I could rewind time I'd dump Tye straight away and run into Taehyung's arms. I'd never let him go. I'd let him know that I love him until he was tired of hearing it... But it's too late. He wants nothing to do with me now. I've been calling his phone every day and sending texts but he hasn't responded to a single thing.

I hope somewhere deep down he knows I care about him, not for wealth, not for pity. Just authentic love. Fighting with both Tye and Taehyung made me realize who I really miss. And I miss my Tae.

The water rises until it's gently dancing around my upper lip, my body having adjusted to the cold temperature. I now let go of the necklace, it glides and sinks along the water while I shut my eyes and let my body turn numb in the oceany bed.

*Bzzzz! Bzz—!*

I jolt awake when my phone vibrates on the hard bathroom floor. The water of the bath splashes everywhere, it's like my spine has been struck by lightning. In a heartbeat, I jump up and scramble for the phone, almost tripping over the side of the tub.

With the device clasped in my hands, my smile drops when the name on the screen isn't Taehyung's. I sigh and turn off the faucet before wrapping myself with a towel and answering.

"Oh, hey Mi."

"Lilo what is going on? You've barely responded to any of my texts this week! This is about Tye, isn't it?"

"Please, not now... He's the last person I want to think about."

"Who's with you right now?"

"No one."