15 ❀ Mr.Grouchy Alpha

Klepto POV

Klepto POV

Nerves creep up my spine when I arrive at the door of doom. How many times have I stood in front of this door contemplating my life decisions?

I glare at the shiny paint plastered onto the wood, as if my heated feelings will burst forth from my irises and burn the dang thing to ash.

How can I hate an inanimate object so much?

Oh, I know, because behind this slab of old lumber is the one and only Alpha Green. His office, to be more precise. His lair of evil.

As soon as I'd watched that rogue disappear into the foliage, I headed straight towards the pack office building. I went quickly, keeping my head down as curious onlookers observed my injuries with what could only be described as excited interest.

My pack members are all wondering the same thing, who finally put the freak in her place?

I'd ignored them, because I've become quite good at that, and continued on my way. Thankfully, I hadn't caught any sign of Ezra or his comrades. They were nowhere to be seen or smelled and that's a good thing.

When I got into the pack office building, I was greeted by my lovely sister, Tressa. She was Alpha Green's trusty assistant and secretary, and she was very proud of that fact.

What I didn't expect was for her to look so... tired.

Tressa's face seemed to droop with exhaustion, her normally cool front gone. There was no hate in her icy blue gaze, but sorrow. Her own sorrow.

     It surprised me because I didn't really think she had feelings other than being smug and hateful.

I had never seen my sister like that, and for some odd reason pity struck me hard. I could relate to that level of defeat, and who knows what Tressa's going through.

Everyone deserves some slack once in awhile.

I smiled at her, and after giving me a confused look, she actually returned the smile, though it didn't seem too authentic.

She let me pass with ease, telling me that Alpha Green was in his office and that he wasn't busy. All I had to do was knock.

That's a lot harder said than done.

Because here I stood, anticipation and dread spilling through me like an old enemy that I wish to forgot. This place holds horrid memories. Memories of being humiliated, punished, screamed at. Memories that made me hate who I was, hate the sickness my brain has.

     I'm not scared of my stupid Alpha, I'm terrified. Terrified of what's about to happen, how it'll go.

Will he make me mad? Probably