10. Enjoy The Rest Of Your Make-Out Session

The next morning, Eddie texts me and thanks me for coming along with him to the movies and that he had a great time. And of course, he's added a little winking emoji at the end. I tell him that I had a great time too and then I proceed to get ready for school. I groan half the time since it's Monday and Monday's are life ruiners.

While I'm driving to school, I think a lot about Eddie and the wall. Maybe he was just joking. Could he actually like me? He called me beautiful...

Then, my mind drifts to Bailey. His brown eyes I get lost in, how he caught me when I fell for him...

Hold up. No. When I fell over someone's feet. I haven't fallen for him. No way. Maybe I have. But maybe I've fallen for Eddie, too.

Arriving at school puts a halt to my thoughts and I grab my stuff and head in. I decided to wear a t-shirt and jeans and not my midriff because of the drama with Bianca yesterday. I don't fancy dealing with that again.

School starts the same way as usual; I hang around at my locker until Thomas finds me. Lately, Samuel has been going everywhere with Thomas. It's kind of weird to think that Thomas has a best friend that isn't me.

"Hey, girl," Thomas greets me. He's wearing a blue top and jeans. He grabs my hand and leads me over to our lunch bench where Samuel, Teddy, George, Layla, and Freya are sitting. We sit down at the bench; Thomas wedged between Samuel and Layla, and me next to Layla. Confusion swells in me: why didn't Thomas have his usual morning chat with me? And he always sits next to me, not Samuel. So why is he sitting over there then? I swear Samuel is taking over Thomas' world.

"Martina," Freya snaps her fingers in front of me. She's sitting across from me. Layla is looking at me from my right and both of them look worried. "You were spacing out a bit there. You right?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm good. Just thinking," I give them both a tight-lipped smile.

"Well, if you want to talk about anything, you can talk to us," Layla says and Freya nods in agreement.

"Thanks, girls," I say. "I really appreciate it." Cause I do. Maybe I should open up to the girls. They're the only girl friends that I have right now and we all get along.

"So what happened on your weekend, Martina?" Freya asks.

"Nothing much. Just went shopping with my parents and bought this really cute outfit and then on Sunday I went out with this guy I work with, Eddie," I start blushing.

The girls raise their eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Get it, woman! How was it? Is he hot?" Layla interrogates. Freya nods vigorously across from me.

"Eddie is hot, I guess. But I'm trying to think of him as just a friend," I answer.

"Honey, no," Freya shakes her head at me. "With that attitude, you ain't getting any guy. Flirt heaps, do whatever, just don't think of him as a friend, OK?"

"OK...?" I say, unsure.

"That's right, Frey. You're not going to get a boyfriend if you think that you guys are just friends. Or if you act like that."

"Thanks for the lesson," I smile widely to myself, realising that I never wanted Eddie to be just a friend.

The bell goes off and everyone at the table gets up and heads off to homeroom. I grab my stuff from my locker and, before I reach the stairs, I see Bailey on my way to homeroom. He grabs my arm and stops me. People continue to walk past us to get to homeroom.