Chapter 7

I got up and headed out the class. I heard everyone heading out quietly, but I could still detect they were leaving. I acted like I didn't know.

I got to where my locker was, and there was a note taped to it.

"Come meet me at the roof." I read aloud.

I had this bad feeling in my stomach. I felt as if something like this happened before. Was that what I dreamt of a couple years ago?

I turned around and headed up, hearing hushed whispers as I got closer to the roof.

"Shh, I think she's coming."

"She can't take us all on at once, that's impossible."

There was laughter, it sounded malicious.

I walked up to the doors and opened them.

There stood the whole grade.

"Evan better hope he was right." I heard a very faint whisper, but only those surrounding that person could hear, besides me.

I saw everyone glaring at me, and then the sudden wave of anger rushed me. Evan planned this whole thing,  and Claire isn't here. She had to have been a part of this and fled knowing my power. That must be why she left this school year.

This must be his final chance, either I die here, or everyone else does.

"Attack!"

"Woah, something feels off."

"Look! Her eyes are red!"

"It can't change her power, she still can't take us on!"

I jumped up high as everyone that was circled around me enclosed on me, then I dropped down, pressing great power, hitting the ground. I knocked out some people, while others were pushed backwards. They all tried the same tactic and I just made a huge shield and expanded it.

The thing about my shields is if anyone touched it, it would feel like many spikes were piercing them.

People fell right into that, literally. Soon after there were only a few left, yet still no sign of Evan.

"Where is he?" I demanded.

One of the guys spat out blood then spoke. "You'll never find out."

"Watch me!"

I took that kid and threw him along with a few others.

There was then one kid left, who was scared out of his mind.

"Ahh, get away from me, you monster!"

Make me. I thought. Just try and make me, I'm ten times more powerful than you.

"I told all of you to never challenge me or get in my way. This is what you little pricks get." I ran at them full speed, and punched them then injecting thorn like spikes into them, majorly injuring them, but I didn't care. I have all this power, I was given it for a reason.

More screams behind me. They must want a taste of this too. I whipped around, and fired a heated lazer beam at them, giving them severe burns everywhere. But I never realized the pain.

"Hey!" A kid with teal, messy hair called out to me. "What's your problem?"

I turned around a glared. "You come to challange me as well?" I bared my teeth down. "Fine, you're funeral." I teleported immediately in front of him and grabbed him by the neck, lifting him in the air.

"You- know- you're just a-" he coughed some blood out. "Monster."

"Lies!"

"Look- around-" he coughed again. "You. Your killing innocents— without hesitation. You can't control your power correctly."

"Stop trying to get in my head you prick!" I yelled, groaping him harder.

His face started turning red. "Go. To. Hell." He slapped me.

That's when I couldn't handle it and threw him onto the ground of the roof.

"This is my territory, tresspass, and you-" I immediately stopped talking and realized he wasn't breathing. "Hey!"

I started shaking him. "Hey!" He wouldn't wake up. He was dead.

Thats when his words suddenly hit me. I looked all around and seen dead, or severly injured bodies. I could heal them, but I can't. I couldn't. Not after what I had just done.

I then jumped off the roof, using some flight to safely land, and booked it for the forest. I sat leaning against the tree, crying. I injured them, I killed them. I can never go back. Never.

I couldn't stop myself from crying. I had done that, and now I realize I was in the wrong the whole time but I never listened to the people who told me. I'm such a horrible person; I never want to go back.

"Kami!"

I heard someone coming, but I was too scared to move. I didn't budge, I held my breath. I saw in the distance a faint purple glow. Someone's using their ability to find me.

"Kami!" They called again.

I didn't move or speak, but they got closer. I shut my eyes tight and tried to hold back the rest of the tears, but my resistance failed. My tears flowed more and I couldn't move.

"Kami!" They found me. I looked up and seen it was my mom, eyes widened in shock, but she was nervous. I would be too.

"Kami, come on, we need to go."

"No!" I yelled and turned away. "I'm never going back." I wiped my face with my sleeve.

"Kami, sweetie," she tried to hold back her tears, and hugged me. "We're leaving and you can start somewhere else."

She just wants to control me. I hate someone controlling me, but that's what caused me to be this way. I need to control myself, not others.

My mom picked me up and took me away, running fast to make sure everyone at my school didn't see us. I looked back and seen someone standing at the entrance of the school. He was so far away all I could see was his orange fluffy hair.

I closed my eyes and just awaited for everything to just blow over. Time to start fresh and somewhere no one knows me.