sixteen.

[play song at the top for the chapter]
A/N; 17k reads, are you serious? thank you so much!
++
ten more days.
++

Johnny hasn't been here for three days. Him and his family took a trip to Tampa, Florida. He refused to go at first, because he was worried about me, but I didn't want him to miss out.

Flashback

"I don't wanna leave you. What if something happens to you." He said with a pout. I shook my head, "mm, mm. nothing will happen to me, I promise."

He leaned in and hugged me. "You promise you'll be here when I come back?" He sighed. "Yes I will Johnny. Have fun with your family okay?"

He let go of me and backed off of my porch. "I love you." He said before walking back up the street. "I love you too!" I yelled out last minute.

I smiled as I walked back inside.
++
Back to normal.

Maddie knocked on my door. "Hey Kenz. Nessa is here to see you."

"Oh?" I said surprised. "Send her up, please."
++
Nessa's POV.

Here's the deal. I've had a crush on Johnny since fifth grade. Kenzie didn't know of course.. but I can still get my revenge cant I? Thank god for Dylan, or else this would've been a lot of work.

I called Dylan the other day and told him my plan. It took him awhile to agree since he's basically in love with Kenzie and didn't want to hurt her, but I mentioned that if Kenzie and Johnny ended things he'd have her all to hisself.

It all works out.

Now I'm here at Kenzie's house to get information on their relationship.
++
Mackenzie's POV.

Nessa walked into my room with an interesting smile on her face. "Hi." She said sitting down on my bed.

"Um hey." I smiled awkwardly. "So, how are things with Johnny?" She asked.

Why does she care? And why is that the first thing she wants to talk about. "Fine, what about you and Dylan?" I asked.

"Me and Dylan?" She scoffed. "Please. He obviously likes you." She said not making eye contact.

"Weren't you two cuddling a few days ago at the drive in though?" I questioned. She glared at me, "Yeah, but I'm totally not into him like that."

"Hmm." I said sitting back.

She obviously was trying to get something out of me, but I wasn't going to let her.

She grabbed her phone. "Johnny's been really into this girls Instagram. Did you guys break up or something?" She says holding her phone.

"What do you mean?" I said looking at her scroll through her feed. "Her names Melody I think." She said showing me her phone.

I grabbed it from her.

I looked at the comments.

Johnnyorlando: Nice feed. It's sick❤️
Melodyapril: @ johnnyorlando thank you;)
+
I grabbed my phone and texted Johnny. "I wouldn't even bother Mackenzie." Nessa said to me. "Why?" I looked up at her for a second.

"Johnny's moving on. Why don't you?" She smiled at me. "You deserve way better anyways, plus he's liking and commenting on another girls post? That's not cool at all."

I shook my head. "Why would he do that? I need to ask him."
++
Dylan's POV.
Hacking Johnny's account is probably the most evil thing I've done to any person. Just thinking about Mackenzie's reaction breaks my heart. Even if we aren't together I don't want her heartbroken.

I commented on Melody's account. My heart sunk into my stomach, I can't believe I'm doing this right now.
++
Mackenzie's POV.

"I'm texting him. I don't care" I get up. "I have to leave anyways." She said walking past me. "Thanks for having me."

My face scrunched up.

I ignored her absence and called Johnny.

Ringing..

"Johnny?" I said as his breathing was heard over the phone. "Hey babe." He said happily. I looked down. "Have you seen your notifications?" I said sad like.

"Mm, no? Should I?" I nodded my head as if he could see me. "Yeah."

"Okay one sec."
++
"Oh, kenzie. No, I didn't comment that. I swear." His voice shaky. "It's from your account." I said disappointed that he would lie to me about this.

"I fucking promise. I didn't comment this, you're my girlfriend. My fucking world! why would I even do this to you?" He yelled.

I sat there silent.

"Don't you believe me?" He said breathing hard. "We can talk about this later." I said. "No Kenz-" I hung up throwing my phone across the room.

Love isn't meant for me. From this point on I'm back on my countdown.

Ten more fucking days.