come what may (23)

a bright, warm smile crept out its way on my face the moment i heard jennie honking outside my humble house. i couldn't help but spring off my couch, heart fluttering as i swung one of the straps of my backpack behind my shoulder.

"mom, jennie's here," i cooed and she simply smiled and shot me an understanding nod.

with that said, i quickly got outside my house and my smile only seems to grow wider when i see jennie's porsche neatly parked in the snow-covered gravel. i felt like i was floating instead of walking when i strode to the luxurious car.

but my smile quickly faded when i got into jennie's car and she didn't even kiss my cheek, greet me good morning -- she didn't acknowledge my presence. my smile turned upside down, forming a very noticeable frown.

the atmosphere inside the car was colder than outside (that's already saying a lot because it's literally freezing outside) needless to say, the ambiance inside the vehicle was something i find uncomfortable and weird since jennie had always been all smiles and grins whenever we're together.

i immediately knew that something was out of place.

"jennie, what's wrong?"

when i spoke that was the only time she did look to my direction, but it was so brief that i would just consider it a short glance. but even though our eye contact was short-lived, i still managed to get a glimpse of my girlfriend's saddened, lethargic eyes.

i felt my heart slump down to the pit of my stomach.

"baby?" i called for her again, my hand naturally holding hers and giving it a gentle squeeze to tell her it's okay to tell me things.

"j-jisoo, i -- i," jennie finally looked at me. i know it sounds crazy -- but i saw the love in the way she looked at me. the moment our eyes met, i visually saw how her shoulders drooped and how the end of her lips curved into a lazy, small smile.

it looked as if just merely looking at me melted her worries and problems away. i would know, after all, she does the same thing to me.

"nevermind," she said. "do you want to skip school for today?" she asked, gently intertwining her fingers with mine.

"why?" i asked, arching a curious brow. "is something wrong?"

"a lot of things are wrong, chu," her answer was negative, but she was still smiling.

"but as long as you're here those don't really matter do they?" jennie added, planting a soft kiss in between my knuckles. "come what may. . . as long you're here, as long as it's for you, i'll endure it all."

my cheeks are being heavily tinted by pink, ears burning up, and stomach flooding with hundreds of butterflies, but i still managed to mumble a soft, "you're so cheesy."

"i'm serious, jisoo," she said in a firm tone, contradicting the way i spoke. "i would fight a losing battle just for you."

"why would you even do that?" i asked as i gently played with her soft fingers.

"why would i not do that?" she asked, arching a brow and looking at me as if i did something wrong. "why would i not do everything for you? you're so worth it."

i smiled before breaking our intertwined hands. she was about to whine, but i shut her up by grabbing the front of her t-shirt and pulling her in for a hard, but still passionate kiss.

---

we skipped school today. for some reason, we ended up in a random cafe that's an hour drive away from my house, got hot chocolates even though we openly confessed before that we weren't the biggest fan of them.