Chapter 8

I stayed in my room all day, and only left when I had to use the bathroom, or when I had to eat.

I refused to use my ability, I refused to go anywhere, I refused to even be myself. I never spoke a word unless I absolutely had to.

"Kami?" My mom knocked on my bedroom door. "Sweetie you have to some out at some point."

"No."

"Well you have to, your starting your second year of high school at Kinland High."

"No!"

"You have to, you can't sit around like a bum all day every day."

"I can and I will."

"Open the damn door so I can get your stuff packed."

"No."

She sighed. "Fine, act like a spoiled brat, I don't care."

"You think I'm the spoiled brat!? You think I chose this ability? You think I asked for any of this to happen? NO I NEVER ONCE DID!"

"Kami stop yelling at your mother." My dad yelled from the living room.

I started crying again. I'm not a brat, nor spoiled... I'm just a monster who can't control herself.

After awhile I decided to finally pack my stuff. I'm going to do as much as I can to cover my past, I may not be able to change my name, but I can just never reveal my ability and become a whole new person. Yeah, that's what I'll do!

"Kami! I hope your almost done or already are done because we're leaving soon to drop you off!" My mom called.

"I'll be there soon!" I called back.

I sat there and sighed. "Kinland sounds familiar..." I said to myself. "Isn't That where I attended primary?"

"Yep." My father walked into my room when I was talking to myself.

"Dad, please leave me be."

"Okay." He threw his hands up and walked away. I sighed heavily.

I finally made sure I had everything packed that would need and headed to the car.

"You ready?" My mom asked and she loaded the car with my luggage.

I nodded and got in the back seat.

"Your father isn't coming so sit in the front please."

I groaned and moved to the passenger seat in the front.

I grabbed my headphones and started listening to music as my mom drove, and I started singing out loud, not giving a care in the world.

"White lies but they're getting dark. Blurred lines but they're gettin clearer. Just tell the truth it ain't that hard. You call me crazy, so am I crazy?"

"Kami!"

"What!" I angrily paused my music.

"Your singing is beautiful."

"You stop me to say that?"

"Yep, keep going."

I rolled my eyes, unpaused the music, and started singing again.

"Your words don't hold any weight. Can't seem to get a straight answer. Don't trust you but whose to blame? I think you're crazy, so am I crazy? Got me second guessing everything you say~ thinking that I know you but you're really a stranger~ doing what you gotta do to get your way~ you're reckless and selfish and you can't help it. Say you're talking to me honestly! But you lying to me constantly oh~ all the bullshit, I don't need it, and honestly I don't believe it no~ Say you're talking to me honestly, but I don't want your dumb apology oh~ Say you're sorry, you don't mean it, sorry but I don't believe it no~"

I continued to sing multiple songs for the rest of the drive, that is, until I fell asleep.

"Kami!"

"What!" I jerked awake.

"We're here."

"Oh." I looked out the window and seen the dorms.

I got out of the car and started to get my luggage out of the trunk.

"I gotta head back and get to work," she paused and reached in her pocket. "Here's a credit card, only use it for emergencies, or food and clothing, anything else better be a good explication."

I nodded and took the card and then grabbed all the luggage.

"See you later, keep in contact once in a while."

"Bye!" I yelled as she left.

I sighed and headed to the girls dorm.

Time for a fresh start.

I walked into the dormitory and started to look around for my room.

"If I could remember what number it was." I mumbled. "My mom never told me."

"Hi!" I heard a friendly voice behind me.

I turned and seen a blond girl with green eyes walk up to me.

"I'm Amber!" She smiled. "You looking for your room?"

"Uh, yeah, my mom never gave me my room number."

"What's your name?"

"Kami.." I said hesitantly.

"You're my roommate!" She jumped up cheerfully.

"Awesome, so can you take me to our room then? I have so much stuff and I just wanna set it all down."

"Sure, follow me!" She started walking ahead and lead me to our dorm room. "Here it is."

"Woah, bigger than I thought."

"Yep, but we have to share the bedroom."

"It's fine."

"Want some help unpacking?"

"Sure."

We walked into the bedroom and started unpacking my stuff.

"Wow you have a lot of stuff."

"Yeah." I sighed.

"So where did you go before coming here?"

Well I never thought this part through, I'm gonna have to go with a half truth, I guess that's what's it's considered.

"To be truthful, I don't even remember the name of my old school."

"It's fine, you must have left because you hated it."

Must this conversation be dragged on?

"What about your ability?"

I hesitated.