Chapter 10

It's been about a year and a half since I started Kinland High, and I've been beaten up at least twice a week.

Everyone seemed to want to feel superior by beating up the ones lower than them just to make themselves feel better. I noticed the ones who beat me are all just regular mid tiers. High tiers never bothers me because they know it's not worth beating up a cripple, though they don't do anything to help.

I've always had Amber and Toru beside me throughout all I've been through. I've had too many times where I came close to using my ability, and it frustrates me I couldn't defend myself like that.

So I came up with an excuse that I practice physical strength so I could defend myself "without an ability." I could fight back, and didn't have to worry about using my ability.

This week has been difficult as to midterms started. I studied hard, even though I really don't need to, considering my grades.

I walked into school and headed to my locker and stuffed all my stuff into it.

"Hey Kami!" I heard Toru come up behind me. "Where's Amber?"

"Don't you remember? She said she was going out of town for a couple weeks for family matters."

"When will she be back?"

I shrugged. "I'm still here, sadly, so you're not alone." I laughed.

He playfully punched my shoulder. "Have you heard we're getting our exam grades back today?"

"Yep."

"Nervous?"

"Nope."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, my grades are higher than average, so I don't have to worry."

"How high?"

"All A's."

"Shit man, I'm jealous."

I noticed his face was bright red. Amber was going to tell me something back when I first met Toru, but she changed her mind. Was it related to this?

"Anyway, have to head to class."

"Yeah, see you later."

I went to homeroom, and the teacher gave all of us our exam results. I refused to look at them till school ended.

The day went on and seemed to go by slowly. I was nervous to look at my grades even though I'm sure I know my result.

My last class finally ended and I started walking down the hall.

I'm gonna finally look at my grades. I took the paper out and looked at it. All A's, just as I figured. This school is nice. I thought to myself. I should try to keep my grades up and—

"Oof," I groan as I drop all my papers. "Sorry."

"Watch where the fuck you're going." A tall, muscular guy yells, loud enough to pierce my hears. Is everyone here this damn loud— no, they just like the attention.

"I said sorry, what more do you want." I snickered. I then realized something. I shouldn't start anything, just need to keep them thinking that I'm a cripple. I remember my old school.

"Watch how you talk to me, cripple."

Who does she think she is?

A cripple against the King? Does she want to die?

She could never take him on.

Cripples never learn.

Everyone was already gathered around whispering. I knew what they were saying, I just did. Wonder what these losers' abilities are.

"And just what are you going to do about it?"

"Why I outta—" he then threw a punch as his ability activated. I quickly dodged and swung back only to get my hand caught and crushed. Speed and strength, what a whimp, but I can't do anything now.

"Finally learned your place, cripple?"

I was looking down, only to look up, eyes menacingly stared right at him. "Let. Go. Of. Me." I can't do much now. I've been training and increasing my strength to fight these guys off if they were to come onto me like now, so thats all I can rely on.

"What if I don't?"

I smirked and twisted my arm, kneed his elbow so he can let go, but didn't. I then grabbed his arm that was holding my other, twisted around, and threw him across the hall. Everyone around me gasped.

How can a cripple take down The King?

She just got lucky. Kano's gonna kick her ass.

What if she's not cripple?

You're kidding right? If she wasn't, she would have activated her ability by now.

No kidding. She's weak.

Wrong. I thought. You're all weak, thinking fighting solves everything? So appearantly his name is Kano.

"Kano, is it?" I stood up like nothing had just happened. "Pfft." I scoffed. "Kings shouldn't be taken down so easily, especially by a cripple. We're you just going easy on me? Or is that you're true strength?"

"Are you going to take this Kano." One of his buddies, shorter than Kano, but taller than me, with messed up hair spoke up.

Kano then coughed, with slight blood coming out. Everyone looked astonished. I was no cripple, but they can't know that.