CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: War of the Castles

ERALD

HINDI NAMAN ako gano'n ka-excited na pumasok ngayong Biyernes, pero dahil sa patong-patong na dahilan, napaaga ako ng thirty minutes. Kakaunti pa lang ang mga naglalampungan sa mga bench at ang mga estudyanteng legit na nagre-review ng ganito kaaga.

Today's also the day of the snap elections, the only hurdle for my sister Madelaine before she could take the throne that she's wanted for a long time. I, as her dearly beloved brother, must do everything in my power to ensure that she won't win. Kaya nga kahapon, to the surprise of everyone, bago matapos ang araw, I filed my certificate of candidacy for president of the student council.

"Paano kung manalo ka?" tanong sa akin ni Charlotte matapos ang photo-op ng Clarion. "You can't be a student council president and a QED Club member at the same time. Kailangan mong mag-give up ng isa."

"Sakaling manalo ako, I'm going to choose a vice president who's responsible enough to run the council. Anyone but my sister," I emphasized. "Once a VP is chosen, I shall resign the presidency and let the line of succession takes its course."

For the snap elections, the presidential candidates are not required to choose a running-mate since there's not enough time to prepare for it. Usually, in a regular exercise of our right to suffrage, the president and the vice president run in tandem under one ticket. A vote for the president is automatically a vote for the vice president. Kung sinumang president ang mananalo, siya ang mag-a-appoint ng kanyang secretary, treasurer, public relations officer at iba pang member ng council.

Because this was also a snap decision on my part, I haven't thought that far on who would be my vice president and my fellow officers. Honestly, I don't expect to win. I only needed a platform to lambast my sister and destroy her image in public, thus reducing her chances of winning. I'd rather see Reign Imperial take the throne than Madelaine Castell. Kung ako siguro ang mananalo, I would choose Reign as my VP and let him take over.

Mamayang ala-una ng hapon pa ang meeting de avance kaya may oras pa ako upang maghandaan. Sa ngayon, kailangan ko munang siguruhin na walang manggugulo sa eleksyon.

I already accomplished that yesterday, by the way.

A small shed stood just a few meters away from the school building. This is the second storage house in the campus where they store (obviously) materials used for some school events, like a makeshift stage, ladders, poles and other stuff.

Kahit kakaunti pa lang ang mga estudyante sa campus, I needed to be discreet in what I was about to do. Ninakaw ko ang isang uniform ng housekeeping personnel ng school. Tinanggal ko lang ang aking asul na blazer at pulang necktie, at isinuot ang kanyang uniporme. There was no need for me to change my trousers or shoes. Nagsuot din ako ng cap para maitago ang hairstyle ko.

I stopped in front of the storage room, looking behind me if someone's following. Luckily, there was none. I put on a pair of sunglasses and a black lower face mask. Inilabas ko ang aking lockpicking kit at ginamit sa padlock ang skills na natutunan ko kahapon mula sa guide na iniwan ng aming club predecessors. Thanks, Louis!

As soon as I unlocked the door, dahan-dahan kong binuksan ang pinto at pumasok. I locked the room from the inside before making a hundred and eighty-degree turn. Someone was already here. But there was nothing to worry about. I was the one who put him there.

The once arrogant Torry of the K-OS Club found himself powerless as his eyes were covered by a blindfold and a duct tape zipped his mouth. His hands and feet were bound to a wooden chair. I managed to lure him out yesterday afternoon at the back of the storage room. Thanks to Clyde's memory, he suggested a good place where to hide this wretched mastermind of the rogue club.