•28•Diana•

The gunshot echoed through Diana's head.

No. It can't be. They couldn't have done it. No. No. No.

"Looks like they gave in." One of the guards said. The rest chuckled after him.

"I told you that they would, boss." One of the men told their leader. Luciano chuckled. That son of a bitch had ordered his own son's death. Diana wouldn't believe it. Karter wouldn't kill Sebastian.

Would He?

He had already lost Diana once. Would he do anything not to lose her again? Would he do it to save his only family left in the world?

Diana hoped not. But she was wrong. Em's scream filled the basement. Diana's knees buckled and she fell down. Even after that Diana refused to accept it.

But she couldn't do much once she saw him. Sebastian. Lying dead in the body bag.

Maybe he is faking it?

That's when the guard checked his pulse. And then said the words she dreaded the most.

"He is dead sir."

***

Diana completely lost track of the things happening around her. She screamed. Tears streamed down her face.

When she finally calmed herself down, she heard another yell.

"NO!" Sebastian's mom, Isabelle yelled as she ran forward. She fell down beside him and cried her heart out.

"Who let you in, you piece of shit?" One of the guards pulled her back holding her hair.

After a few seconds, the same guard had his hand cut off.

Diana didn't even realise what she had done. The minute he touched her, Diana exploded. She grabbed the knife from the sheath in her thigh and cut his hand off.

He staggered back. He used his free left hand to pull out his gun and aim it at her head. Diana didn't flinch.

"You're not going to kill me that easily. I'm not dying before I put a bullet into his head." She said jerking her head towards Luciano.

Before he could fire, a bullet was shot right into his head. Immediately guns shot up in the air. The sound of the click of the gun filling the basement. Almost all the guns were pointed at her. Which she found a little weird. All she had was a knife. And she was the threat?

Diana turned around to see Alex with his gun out. Em walked into the basement and whispered something into Karter's ear. He looked at Diana and gestured her to come to stand beside him. Diana helped Isabelle up and walked to his side.

Once he knew she was safe, he spoke up.

"You killed her." Karter said.

Who?

"You killed my mom." Karter said.

"Yes, I did." Luciano replied.

***

His words rang through my head as the basement doors exploded and guards filled in from all corners.

"Order your men to put their guns down. This is not a battle you will win." Karter replied.

Diana looked around. Karter's men outnumbered them by 10 to 1 easily.
It was then that she realised how powerful he actually was. Diana wondered how different he would have been if he was brought up with her and Jake.

"You alright?" He asked her looking straight ahead.

"He killed her? How do you know?"

"I'll explain later. Right now I need you to take Em away from here." He replied.

Diana glanced at Em before speaking. "I'm staying here. One of the guards can take her. If she goes with me, she will be more likely to be targeted."

"You are not staying here." He replied his voice full of command. "Do you see the number of guns around You? I don't want any of those bullets hitting you."

Before Diana could reply back with her ideas of where they could stick their guns up, he motioned to two of the guards who picked her up and tried to take her away. But she fought back and took them both down.

Only when she stood and was about to walk back to Karter did she realise that everyone was staring at her. She felt a blush coming up.

Karter muttered under his breath as she stood beside him "You are embarrassing me."

"Maybe you shouldn't try to go against me." She replied.

"Go against you?" He turned to look at her. "I'm trying to protect you."

Diana turned to him. "I can protect myself. I was doing just fine. And you had to kill him to save me? Did you really think that was going to help?" She could feel her anger rising and her throat closing up, tears threatening to fall again.

"I did what I had to do. I didn't force him into anything. He volunteered." Karter replied through his gritted teeth.

Before Diana could reply, one of Luciano's men cleared their throat.

"What?" Diana and Karter snapped together.

The guy threw his hands up. "Take your time."

"Diana, please. I need you to leave right now." He pleaded.

Diana didn't reply. She hated seeing Karter like this. He was actually scared that something might happen to her.

"Alright." She gave in. A tear fell down her cheek. "Get him back if you can."

Karter looked at the body bag and nodded his head.

Em grabbed Diana's hand and dragged her from the basement. Minutes after they left the room Diana heard the first gunshot. The gunshot that started the massacre.

 The gunshot that started the massacre

And that's another one down.
Comment and vote.