Part 20

Around 3 years ago...

I knocked on the wooden door with the golden frame and peeked inside.

"You called?"

My parents were sitting on one of the huge coffee-brown couches, with grave expressions.

"Ah, yes. Take a seat," my father said in a low voice and pointed to the couch in front of him.

I walked over and plopped myself down on the cushion.

I faced them, wondering what they were so tense about.

"You know how we and Jungkook's parents currently are, right?"

I frowned.

"Yes. Why can't you just accept their decision? It's been years since we invited them and had a meal together because of your stubbornness!" I complained in a slightly louder voice.

My father let out a sigh and furrowed his eyebrows. "Their approach is little too much and you know that. Giving the citizens the right to make decisions will only worsen their living conditions. We cannot allow that to happen!"

"But... what if it doesn't? You don't know that for real..."

"We only want what's best for our people and for those from other kingdoms as well. This method is not it! What they're doing is like forcing a 5 year old drive a carriage. It's very risky and disadvantageous, but they've already started implementing it and are planning to have other kingdoms do it, too."

He glanced at my mother and continued.

"So we have decided to cut ties with them and warned the rulers of other kingdoms not to associate themselves with them," he voiced out, a hint of sadness and regret in his tone.

"W-What?"

"We're calling off your engagement."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I arrived in Roweth and ran straight towards Kookie's study room.

I slammed open the door and saw him standing next to the window, looking outside.

"Kookie..."

He turned around and gave me a painful smile. His eyes were blurry with tears that were threatening to fall any moment.

"Hey... So you know now, huh?"

He looked down at the floor and chuckled bitterly.

"Your parents made everyone turn their backs on us and broke our engagement... I didn't even think they would do that," he sniffled.

My heart shattered at the sight.

Tears were now streaming down my face.

I walked up to him and hugged his broken form tightly, pulling his head down close to my chest.

"I don't want that, Y/N," he sobbed and I felt like I was being stabbed millions of times hearing his shaking voice. "I don't want us to be separated. I just want to live happily with you..."

His hands tightened around my waist and pulled me closer. My shoulder was getting wet by his tears and I rubbed his back.

"Me, too. But, we can't do anything about this."

I couldn't ever stand against my parents, especially about kingdom governance. 'Who am I to decide what's right' is what I still thought.

But...

"What if we get married on our own?" I whispered, widening my eyes at my own words.

He lifted his head up and looked into my eyes.

"What?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"You ignorant child! Do you realize what you just did?!"

I looked at them with fiery eyes.

"I just married my husband-to-be, so what?"

My mother scoffed in disbelief.

"'So what'? We told you not to come near him or his kingdom few days ago, but not only you disobey our words, you went and legalized your marriage?!" She yelled at me.

I bit my lips and looked down. "Mom, dad, we shouldn't be doing this to them. I-"

"I don't want to hear another word from you. You're not leaving this castle until you're divorced."

I shot my head up.

"And we forbid you to ever get in contact with or meet him from now on."

"What?!"

I couldn't believe it.

"You can't do that!"

"We are your parents. Of course we can."

They both turned to leave my room.

"Stay in your room and reflect on your actions. Until then, we'll be searching for a new suitor for you."

The door closed shut.

A new suitor?

No...

I don't want that...

I hugged myself, feeling my insides twist and turn, about to burst out any second.

I felt nauseous.

I kneeled down on the floor and held back my tears.

Please...

Please don't separate us...

A/N: "People do crazy things when they're in love"

Andd I typed this chapter again and again. I hope it's at least decent enough 👉👈

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💗