46

Taehyung smiled as he spotted her standing near the post box as she had told him she would be. She was standing there scratching the ground with her white converse low. She looked cute in her outfit, although it didn't match his aesthetics, and her hair was down. The sun was shining on top of her head which made her skin look golden and her hair sparkled like a halo over her.

He let down Yeontan who tilted it's head and looked up at him confused.

"There is your mommy. Run to her" he edged the small puppy on who took the cue and ran towards the girl standing a few meters away. The girl it had smelled on his shirt not too long ago and not just once. She heard its excited yelps and turned around.

"Yeontan!" She squeaked excitedly and got down to pat it's head. She took it in her hands and kissed top of it's head. After she was done showering Yeontan with all of her love, her eyes rose up to meet him. He had walked nearer and was standing there with his arms folded, looking down at them.

"Sorry I got carried away" she simpered, getting up with Yeontan in her arms.

"How are you" he asked.

"So much more alive I mean look at this little ball of joy!! God bless I'm a blessed soul I've no worries now that I have him here! My aches are gone, my life has increased, my bills have been payed, my bank account is ..."

"Alright alright, I get it...Yeontan seems to like you a lot as well." he smiled" So what do u have planned for us?"

She looked at him and then quickly averted her eyes.

"Uh, we're going hiking"she reached for a backpack that looked quite heavy and pointed at the hiking track ahead. She had quite a time getting up once she had the bag on her back and he watched her with an amused expression on his face.

"Let's go!" She started on her way forward but couldn't as he had grabbed the backpack from behind. She tried a bit before realising and looking back at him.

"Give it here" he asked, removing the straps from her shoulders and throwing it over his own.

"No!! That's.."

"Aren't you supposed to carry the baby?" He asked arching an eyebrow.

She looked down at Yeontan and slapped her forehead .

"I almost forgot my own child" she took the excited Yeontan in her arms "So this track is kind of difficult , that's why people dont prefer it. Which means you don't have to be worried about people spotting you. It's difficult and unkempt though, like I told you. And a lot of animals take dumps along the way so try not to step into any of that. But other than that it's quite cool you know and I would prefer it any day I mean..." she walked in front of him while he followed, hands in pockets, listening to her chatter and smiling continuously. Once in a while she would turn around waving her hands to emphasise her point and her hair would swirl around magically, at which he bit his lower lip every time.

She had so much of positive energy he didn't feel tired at all even after they walked something like 2 miles.

"Tada!" She stopped at a point, spreading out her arms as she turned around suddenly and he nearly bumped into her.

He gave her an inquisitive look.

"Here is where we'll have our picnic!"

"Were we supposed to..?"

"Absolutely!" She pulled down the bag from his shoulder and put it down which was attacked immediately by Yeontan.

"But before that..." she held his arms from behind and pushed him forward until they reached the edge of the mountain they had just conquered.