|66| art of illusion

Even if Lilo's actions annoy you... you know you still invested in this story, leave a vote if you haven't already 😗💜

—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

Lilo storms out of the room in tears, it doesn't take long to hear the front door open and slam shut in the distance.

My hand lifts and scrunches in front of my face as a tear leaks from my eye, wondering how we both screwed things up so bad. I said she wouldn't like the next Taehyung she sees, but I didn't expect things to escalate this far.

I almost hurt her... Lilo's never met my dad, yet she now sees him when she looks at me... What have I done?

My arm lifts to smear my tears. I comb a hand through my hair and pull from the sudden throbbing headache that weighs on my head, trying to recall everything that happened tonight but nothing comes to mind. I don't even remember sleeping with Mulan.

With a wet sniff and hand on my temple, I sit on the empty spot of my bed, trying to get my head together. My eyes wander Mulan's sleepy form. It makes me sick to my stomach to know I somehow found attraction in the girl responsible for putting so many monsters into my head. She's been tormenting Lilo ever since she got here, and I rewarded her by giving her exactly what she wanted.

Whenever we had sex, it always ended with cuts and blood... but her body looks completely clean this time, with the exception of a bright red hickey that stains her neck. When did I leave that there? Was I really that drunk?

I avert my gaze to the floor where a pile of Mulan's clothes lie. Weaving my eyebrows, I pick up the black lacy top, rubbing my thumb over the familiar material and trying my best to recall everything that happened tonight.

—FLASHBACK—

I turn off the shower and bend low to ruffle a towel over my hair. The black dye I had styled was now stripped and replaced with my natural brunette locks. Standing up straight and staring into the mirror, I'm forced to exchange glares with the man in the reflection, whose damp and overgrown bangs droop over his eyes that look to be washed of all color.

It's been a week since I've spoken to her and I didn't know how to handle it. But I don't regret what I did. We were never officially together, though it still felt that way to me, at least I think it did. I've never had a real relationship. I brought Lilo to KimTech because I thought she could get to know a side of me that others didn't, she would be able to see the cold grounds in which I came from... It took a lot for me to do that. Part of me wishes I hadn't now.

Maybe this is all my fault. I should have let her just do her job. I shouldn't have gotten attached to my waitress.

A pair of jeans ride up my legs before I secure them with a belt and stretch the hem of my white t-shirt. Just as I'm about to roll it over my head, the door knocks.

My eyebrows furrow, pausing for a minute until it knocks again. There's only one person who knows I live here, but it couldn't be her. Slowly, I approach the front door while the knocks continue impatiently, rolling the t-shirt over my torso. When I answer I stare idly at the unwanted guest. I should've known she'd find me sooner or later.

With the blankest face imaginable, I close the door in her face, but she catches it with her foot.

"What?" I groan.

"Thought you'd be lonely, what with this enormous house. Perhaps—"

"No." I push the door and her foot catches it again, making me roll my eyes. She then holds up an expensive bottle of wine from behind her back. It's large and wrapped with a thick red silk ribbon. "I bought us a drink."