V2-14

"The reports are here, General." One of General Zhang's comrades bowed in front of him respectfully.

"Hm. Give it to me." General Zhang carefully read the content and just indifferently nod after.

"So they won't back out, instead of giving their Prince to us they won't allow it. They're declaring war" Zhang Gu said with his dull eyes and dull voice as if he doesn't have any energy to talk about this important topic at all.

"General Zhang, should I tell the soldiers now to prepare?" The comrade ask again with his most respectful voice.

"Hmm." General Zhang said dully and close his eyes.

"G-General Zhang, if you don't like to dwell on this war. There's always General Liu Tang who can go defend it for you, his border now has been protected by General Wen while General Liu Tang is just leisurely staying in his manor." The comrade said with a shaky voice. After seeing their General being so tired and still fresh from war, the emperor immediately issue an edict to bring him out of the country again.

This edict is not only just for the country but also to get rid of General Zhang. General Zhang will not only keep watch on the enemy; he have to keep watch to the new recruits soilders or they might stab him on the back.

Although the edict was meant for General Zhang it did not specify that he shouldn't bring a 'help' from another General.

Zhang Gu raise his brow, he knows that this man just wanted to 'help' him but he chose his words pretty detestable to his liking. He is no weakling that needs help from that man.

But after thinking for a while, Zhang Gu smiled decisively. The comrade was terrified; he look at Zhang Gu again and he tightly close his eyes and wait for his death.

"You're right. General Liu Tang can do this." Zhang Gu said and went back to his expressionless face although it hardly covers the man's happiness that he can finally find a way to see that man that's been residing in General Liu Tang's place.

That man hasn't left his mind, he wondered if that man is not tired of running in his head for the past week.

"Prepare a carriage. I'm going to have a nice talk with General Liu Tang."

Immediately General Zhang travelled going to General Liu Tang in the middle of the night, in the muddy road, cold wind and the heavy rain, and the loud thunderstorm.

General Zhang stubbornly continued. He now has an excuse to go why would he waste it with just this 'normal' weather.

General Liu Tang is eating with Jia Hui or the person he bought which is Lin Xiao.

"The weather is pretty angry today. I wonder why." Jia Hui said and chewed his food slowly.

"Hmm. Eat your fill so that you can go to sleep.'' Liu Tang remained expressionless despite what happened a while ago.

Liu Tang will pay a thousands of golds to erase that memory out of his mind.

Jia Hui and Liu Tang quietly ate but the atmosphere was not awkward it was just peaceful despite the noise of the heavy rain outside.

"General, reports." Liu Tang stopped eating and coldly stare at his servant.

"Spill." Liu Tang said nonchalantly.

The servant look at Jia Hui first before looking back at Liu Tang and bowed.

"General Zhang is here."

General Liu Tang's eyes widen a little before it went back to normal. He eyed the figure in front of him which is now shaking.

Jia Hui teared up, he doesn't want to remember General Zhang. In his mind, General Zhang is scary.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine. You go back to your room first." Liu Tang said and stood up before walking away although his heart is unease in leaving Jia Hui alone.

Jia Hui look at Liu Tang's retreating back, he lowered his head before standing up which the servants immediately helped him stood up.

"I-I'm okay. Thank you." Jia Hui still brightly smiled and they walked back to his room.

''General Zhang, you've really put an effort to come here in this bad weather. I'm guessing it's very important." General Liu Tang immediately said after they exchange fake courtesy with each other.

"Hmm. Of course. It's very important." General Zhang eyed his servant and immediately the servant gave the scroll to General Liu.

General Liu look at the scroll and then his servants reach out to get it, the servant gave the scroll to General Liu after bowing.

General Liu seriously read it and then look at the leisure General Zhang who's drinking tea, his face emotionless but his eyes were lock on the door for a long time, like waiting for something to happened.

"About this General Zhang..."

"Ah, yes. About that I want you to help me." General Zhang said nonchalantly.

"I see..." General Liu Tang that General Zhang will not ask him just for this matter. He seriously went here despite the bad weather surely there's must be something more important.

"I have grave injuries from the last war so this is why I want you to help." General Zhang and lift up his robes to let General Liu Tang see his 'injuries'

Seeing the big patch on General Zhang's body made General Liu Tang bewildered he always see General Zhang as a man made of steel that can't be slice in anything, a man who is like the wind and swifts right there and here like a pro, and like a rock he doesn't have the feeling called 'pain'

Ah. The power of gossips, of course there all not real, General Zhang after all, is still a human.

"Well then we both agreed that I'd be joining that war. By tomorrow I will ready my soilders for the war 2 weeks from now." General Liu Tang said also, indicating that he should go now.

Although the weather is bad, General Liu Tang doesn't care. He can come here of course he can go back.

"I think I can't walk now. My body hurts and my wounds are throbbing probably because of the cold." Zhang Gu refused to back out. Of course he planned this all out.

General Liu Tang's face was full of black lines and with a heavy heart he told his servant to give the best guest room they have in the manor for Zhang Gu to sleep in.

Unfortunately, Jia Hui is already residing inside. So, Liu Tang ordered for Zhang Gu to be in another room.

Zhang Gu walked slowly to really show Liu Tang that he's injured. God knows how many times the servant bit their tongue to refrain from laughing.

They did not know why their General is doing this but it surely wasn't him. He was like a new leaf.

General Liu Tang did not wait any longer and flipped his robe, he started walking away in the opposite direction.

When Zhang Gu arrived in his room the servants left him inside, Zhang Gu then look at his 'injuries'.

Zhang Gu went out using the window, thus his task to find that man begins.