-Soon-

The wind rushed past my face as I stood in the crows nest. The cool night air and the smell of the salty sea complimented the night sky. Stars danced above my eyes, the moon guiding our ship. Down below in the captains deck slept my sister, Tetra. It was only me tonight, I would protect this ship. My cutlass pressed against my hip as I stood on the nest, the flag swishing past my face.

On the horizon to my left was an island, Outset, based on my map. The silence of the night scared me. I closed my eyes and felt the ship rock back and forth in the waves. I opened my (e/c) eyes and sighed. I stared down the crows nest and began the decent. It's time to clean. I walked inside the cabins, listening to everyone else snoring. My boots clicked against the wood, creaking every now and then. My gear clinked together like an odd song. I grabbed the bucket and mop, beginning to clean the decks.

It may be a deckhands job, but I liked to clean at night. Kept me busy when we were looking for treasure. As I scrubbed the deck, grunting every now and then, I heard something. I turned out to sea, listening. The silence circled me again. "(Y/n)..." The sea seemed to be calling me. I walked forward, to the port side of the ship. I leaned over and looked out. "(Y/n)..." The sea seemed to whisper sadly.

I looked out, sadness carving my chest as the ship rocked. The night was dark and quiet, I could hear the lanterns clicking as it rocked. The soft chime of the bell. The masts creaked with the push of the wind. The sea was calling me. Calling out in a sad melody. I looked down and climbed the ladder to a platform on the bottom. The waves licked at my boots, inviting me in. The cold water opened its arms to me as I stepped in.

The salt immediately welcomed me as I bobbed my head from the surface, swimming alongside the ship. The water was warm and safe as I swam, pushing the water from under me. I swam until my arms began to pain me, my legs running out of energy. I sighed seeing the moon was setting, the sky getting lighter. I swam for hours. I climbed back on board and finished mopping, soaked and shaky. When I put my bucket back a large door creaked open as the sun touched the deck. "(Y/n)," I looked to see my sister.

Nineteen and stern faced. "You're soaked to the bone. How long have you been out here?" She scolded gently, walking over to me. I was three years younger than her and adopted. Her skin was sun-kissed and golden, her eyes as blue as the sea. Her hair was a beautiful blonde pulled up in a ponytail. I had (s/c) skin, (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair, pulled in a tight bun to keep it out of my way. Tetra shook her head and put a hand on my shoulder. "Go to bed, good watch tonight." She said quietly. I smiled and nodded. "Yes ma'am." I joked, nudging her arm. I listened as the caws of seagulls came closer. But, there was one that seemed deeper. "Do you hear that?" I asked as Tetra stilled. Large wings and wind knocked me down, Tetra was taken from beside me and screaming.

"MAN THE CANNONS!" I screamed. "GET TO YOUR QUARTERS!" The crew burst from their cabins as I ran to the wheel, turning to follow the bird. "WE FOLLOW IT!" I shouted as all sails lowered.

I would save my sister no matter what.

A pirate and a destined hero. An unlikely pair, but when they're both set on the same task, they work together well. The pirate promises something, and the hero decides, why not? The two go on the adventure of their lives, and yet fate seems to have something bigger planned than the two seem to think.

The Waking Promise
A Link X Reader with aged up Toon Link

Coming soon, by Catfishhamsterlady.

Are you excited?