VI.

Namjoon's POV

"Where do you live? I'll take you home." I told her from the kitchen. She was just watching whatever was on the television.

"I don't live anywhere." She was taken aback by her answer. "You know what? Why am I even talking to you? I don't even know you, asshole."

I let out a breath of frustration but controlled it, "I'm just asking nicely and you're being so bitchy about it. I just want to help, Mayu."

She turned her head towards me in surprise, "How do you know my name?!"

"Uh, duh," I pointed at her purse. "Your student ID is in there." Again, her cheeks flushed red. She was cute being that way.

But no way, she's too young for me. I'm already twenty-one without a good-paying job for fuck's sake.

"Stalker." Mayu muttered quietly but with force.

"Ain't no stalker. Just your good ol' Samaritan who in return should have heard a 'thank you.'" I sarcastically said to her while she rolled her eyes back towards me. She was certainly persistent.

I placed our dinner for the night on the dining table and called her to eat with me. She thankfully listened to me and sat the far end of the circular table.

In my observation of her, she was scared to be rejected which is why she puts up those walls that makes her a bitch. Like me, she felt that she wasn't even important or needed in this world.

Deep down, she was just looking for love.

"Thanks." Her eyes didn't meet mine as she spoke. Mayu finished eating and placed her empty plate on the sink.

I was still munching on my meat, watching her walk towards the living room to watch TV again. She doesn't have anything to do here anyway.

I didn't realize I already bent my spoon in the middle.