seventeen.

nine more days.
++
[ play song at the top for the chapter ]
++

I walked around not knowing where to go. Like my legs were controlling me, while my mind went to other destinations. I sat down by the curb.

There's no way Johnny could be cheating on me. He just wouldn't do that to me right? Maybe this is his way of saying he doesn't want to be with someone so in distress.

Someone so lonely.
+
I checked the time. Seven in the morning. I snuck out of the house. If I would've left later in the day more people would've been awake.

I opened my phone and went to my camera roll. It was a picture me and Johnny had took in the car. He threw a piece sign up as he stuck his tongue out.

I shook my head. "We need to talk about this." I said to myself.

My phone started to ring.
+
I answered. "Mackenzie" Johnny was out of breath. "Johnny what's wrong?" I said immediately standing up.

"Turn around." He said. I turned around to see both of Johnny's hands rested on both of his knees. He looked up at me.

I started to run to him and he repeated my action. I jumped into his arms and he instantly wrapped his arms around my body pulling me into his chest.

"God, I love you." He whispered. "I'm so sorry about everything that's happening, okay? We need to talk about this." He said following my eyes.

"Okay." I said looking down.
++
He held my hand and sat me down a near by bench. "How did you even see my account comment under Melody's post?" He asked.

"So it was you?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, no. But it was my account. I wanna know who told you about it. You hate social media.." he knew me too well.

"Well, it was Nessa. She told me that you had been commenting lately on her posts, and when she showed me. I don't know I believed it?" I said ashamed.

"God. Nessa? You're really gonna listen to her? Didn't she kiss your ex boyfriend and you're gonna believe her? You know she liked me since third grade right?" He gave me so much information in less than fifteen seconds.

It was a lot to take in.

"God I know. Don't remind me." I said upset. "Kenz, you need to listen to me and stop listening to everyone else who could care less about what you do in life, or to yourself."

I stood up and he followed right behind me. "Is this not working?" He asked me.

I turned around quickly. "What do you mean?" I asked softly. He pointed to me and then him, "Are we not working?" He asked again.

"Johnny.."

"I want to be with you Kenz. But it seems like you're trusting everyone but me.. I- relationships are supposed to be about.. trusting in each other. You're doing everything but that." He said shaking his head.

"Johnny. I need you." I said walking closer to him.

"I need you too, but you can't keep doing this to me. I feel like my feelings are a joke. I feel like I'm being played with right now. I ran so far from where my parents parked just to come here and argue with you." He looked away.

"Nine more days Johnny. Are you really ready to just leave me?" I said, my eyes starting to water.

"Do you even love me? Or is this only about you?" He said getting upset. "Johnny of course I love you! I told you I did." I said in disbelief.

"Well you haven't been honest with me at all lately, so it's hard to believe what's been coming out of your mouth these days." He looked every where but at me.

"Fine." I said sitting down.

Johnny's POV.
I need to calm down. She's really sensitive right now and anything I could say could cost her, her life. I need to comfort her.
++
Mackenzie's POV.
Johnny sat down next to me. "I want to make this work. Believe me I do." He said holding my hand.

"Then why are you trying to give up on me?" I said crying. "I'm not. I just feel like I'm not making you happy." He said looking down.

I turned to him and lifted his chin up. "Look at me Orlando." He looked up at me. "You've made me the happiest I've been in all of my life okay? Of course you're making me happy." I continued before hugging him.

"Stay, please. I need you these last couple of days." I closed my eyes.

"You'll be here for more than a couple of days okay. We're gonna get through this together. I love you." He said.

"I love you too."