Chapter 14 | Winter Ball

For reference, I have decided to not make Druella Walburga's sister anymore as I have read up on the family history again and facts I tweaked previously do not fit with the plot line anymore.

I have edited the parts where it is mentioned. This notice is just in case you get confused when I start using her actual maiden name - Druella Rosier, in case you didn't go back and read it again to see where I have changed it. Hope you all understand!

"What about this one?" Cassiopeia asked her daughter, turning Euphemia so she could look at herself in the full length mirror that was inserted into the inside of her wardrobe door.

Mia looked at herself with a poker face, not appreciating the puffy, frilly peppermint coloured dress that her mother had placed on her.

She shook her head adamantly and Cassiopeia sighed at the stubborn eleven year old who had been refusing practically every dress under the sun for the past half an hour or so.

"You're being really difficult now, Euphemia," Cassiopeia told her irritatedly and whipped the dress from over Mia's head, leaving her rather exposed in her undergarments and corset, that she was forced to wear with every single dress despite the contraption squeezing her insides and making it rather difficult to breathe.

Euphemia simply shrugged, her longish brown hair moving with her shoulders as she fought the urge not to laugh at her mother's evident exasperation.

Cassiopeia all but threw another dress at Mia and the girl examined it with a disgruntled expression, though it wasn't as bad as some of the other ones.

They had included an awful orange dress that swished about her knees, a terribly short dark blue dress that made Euphemia's thighs itch and the horrible green one that clashed horribly with her hair.

All three of those and the peppermint disaster could all go into the Absolutely Not pile.

She didn't even want to wear a dress, she would've been more comfy in a pair of jeans (a muggle clothing she had started to don to annoy her parents) or dress robes even.

This particular one that Euphemia had to try on was quite a nice dress actually, a tight one that went to about her knees but the only thing wrong with it was that it was white and Mia was known for being clumsy and had a tendency to spill food down white clothing.

Cassiopeia knew this, she had been extremely mad at Euphemia every time she did it and it had actually been in Mia's letter to her mother when she was explaining her preferences in dresses.

It seemed that Euphemia wasn't the only one who ignored things in letters.

"No," Mia groaned yet again as soon as she had fitted the white dress to all the right places, not that there was much to fit.

This dress was one for a more curvy girl and, being an eleven year old, Euphemia certainly was not at that stage yet.

Cassiopeia pulled a face at her daughter from behind her in the mirror but simply started to unlace the dress from behind and yanked it off her daughter again, hanging it up.

"Maybe when I'm older, yeah?" Mia added, to try and cheer her mother up so she didn't go mental and Cassiopeia smiled a little, which Euphemia saw as a good sign.

"Now I know you said you liked lilac but I got you a pinky purple because I thought it would bring out your complexion more," Cassiopeia produced a nice looking dress in the shade of dark pink with a purple hint, with slightly puffy shoulder sleeves that Mia knew would annoy her but she rather liked the dress, with the exception of the frilly laced short sleeves that would most definitely itch.