Chapter 82: The Sun Finally Sets

Y/n stepped into their bedroom and began to make their way to the bathroom, but stopped when they saw a small flicker of blue pass by their window. Y/n watched in awe as Sapphire gently floated down in front of their window, her hands folded politely over themselves below her waist. They quickly walked to the window once Sapphire was out of sight and peered out.

"Do you see anything?" Ruby asked at Sapphire gracefully fell into her arms again.

"They just walked through the door," Sapphire informed, looking to the window above them.

"Did they see you?"

"I'm not sure. Let me check."

Ruby sighed and sent Sapphire airborne once more, watching as she whizzed past the window, which had opened just as she passed.

"What the hell are you two doing?!" Y/n asked as they poked their head out of the window. Ruby blushed in embarrassment and just balled her fists nervously, fidgeting in place.

"H-hey! Hey, Y/n! Uh... Well... I was just- I-I-I was just... throwing... Sapphi- You know what? What-what are you doing here, huh?" A forced laugh. "I-I thought you were hanging out with Peridot and Lapis! What are you doing back so, uh so... early?"

"Ruby, it's almost ten o'clock!"

Ruby placed her hands on her hips and just looked up at Y/n with a strained smile, letting out a small huff through her nose.

"We came to apologize," Y/n jumped at the voice and looked up to see Sapphire slowly making her way down from above.

"Oh..." was all Y/n could muster to say amidst their confusion. They looked back down to Ruby, who looked up to them and just threw her arms out.

"We're really sorry!" A brief pause, before... "Can we come in!?"

Y/n blinked and sighed.

"Yeah! Let me just unlock the door!" Y/n called down to Ruby. They pulled their head in and started to back away from the window as Sapphire stepped through, hopping down from the window sill.

"No need." She assured, waving a hand out the window before settling down on the bed below, "We've been through your window before."

Right as Sapphire finished speaking, Ruby leapt through the window, smacking her forehead on the bottom of the window itself before slumping down to the bed and tumbling onto the floor with a pained groan. Y/n wheezed and covered their mouth, hanging their head, their shoulders shaking with laughter.

"-Like a gazelle...!" They managed to squeeze out in between breaths.

Ruby sat up and pulled herself up onto the mattress, blushing and rubbing her head. Y/n took a deep breath and just managed to calm themself,"

"You okay, Ruby?" Y/n asked, the corner of their lips upturned and twitching. Ruby smiled bashfully and waved her hand.

"Aw, I'm fine. It's just been a while, that's all,"

Sapphire looked up at them and pat the space between her and Ruby, "Sit, please. We have something we want to say."

"Alright... Y/n sighed as they sat down, looking left then right

Ruby glanced to her side and saw a bottle of a clear liquid, she picked it up curiously and inspected it, quickly setting it back down as clearly printed was "WARNING. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE." Ruby took a deep breath and look to Y/n, "We really wanna apologize," Ruby began

"No, I should be the one to apologize," Sapphire cut in

"We both should be!" Ruby retorted

"Ruby wanted to tell you the truth from the beginning," Sapphire told, "...Garnet fell apart over it... I should have listened to you, Ruby,"