Chapter Twenty Three

Hey guys! Before we get to the chapter, I just wanted to say thank you for sticking around! You guys are honestly the best! I love each and every one of you all!!!

Well, anyways...I hope you enjoy!
_______________________________________
*****************************

     "So, where to start?" Jane asked herself as she walked through the woods. She looked around, thinking of just one place to start looking. She sighed as she realized that she didn't know where to start.

     She threw her arms up in the air out of anger. She then sighed and continued to walk. 'I'll just walk and hope that SOMETHING will come up' Jane thought to herself as she continued to walk.

     She stepped over tree roots and over holes in the ground. She kept her eyes on the ground, making sure she didn't trip over nothing. She continued to walk with her eyes toward the ground, when suddenly she bumped into something.

     "Oi! What the bloody hell?" Someone yelled as Jane fell to the ground. She recognized that british accent. Jane looked up and saw Laughing Jack. He looked down at her angrily.

       "Laughing Jack!" Jane exclaimed as she then quickly got up and hugged him. He gently peeled her off of him and then continued to look at her.

     "So... Are you going to tell me what you're doing here or what?" Laughing Jack asked. Jane stares at him for a while.

     "I could ask you the same thing. I thought you were out killing children or something like that," Jane responded. Laughing Jack frowned at Jane.

      "I was... But then I just found myself just standing here. I'm not too sure why," Laughing Jack said. Jane looked around and then focused her eyes back on the clown.

     "Well, since you're here, do you want to help me find (Y/N)?" Jane asked, her eyes still on the clown. Laughing Jack looked down at Jane and then frowned.

     "Are you seriously asking if I would want to find (Y/N)?" He questioned. Jane quickly nodded.

     "Yes, I am. I'm the only one trying to find her and I could really use your help," Jane stated. Laughing Jack sighed as he then slowly opened his mouth to speak.

     "You're not going to leave me alone if I say no, are you?" He asked. Jane smiled.

     "Nope! I'll bug you until you say yes!" Jane cheerfully exclaimed. Laughing Jack sighed once more and then nodded slowly.

     "Okay, I'll help you find (Y/N) just so you can leave me alone," he stated. Jane giggled as she then gave him a hug.

     "Yay!” she exclaimed.

     "Come on then, we haven't got all day," he said as he then began walking. Jane walked beside him, smiling.

*Jane's P.O.V.*

     Watching Laughing Jack trying to help me find (Y/N) was the best thing I've ever witnessed. I honestly expected him to just teleport away, but he didn't. He didn't even try to teleport away because deep down inside he wants to find (Y/N) as much as I do.

     He still loves her. It's so clear. He still loves (Y/N). I saw right past his tough act. The fact that he didn't even try to walk away, tells me that he is so deeply in love with (Y/N).

     I look up at him and smile. He frowns at me, but I ignore it. He is trying to pull off a "I hate this situation" kind of look, but I know. I know deep down inside he's liking this. He wants to find (Y/N). He wants to know that she is safe. My smile increases as I watch him. He tries so hard, but fails to hide how he really feels...