11. Yeah, And I'll Love The Bruise That'll Be On Your Face Soon

I didn't really think things would be too different after this afternoon's events. They weren't. Thomas didn't text me like I thought he would, though. Probably a bit too busy with Samuel to waste time on me. When I get home, I shower, have a tiny bit of dinner, then decide to weight myself. The scales read seventy-eight point eight kilograms. Shit. That's good. I've lost about two kilograms. Since I'm only 5'6, seventy-eight kilograms is close to the healthy weight of a seventeen-year-old. Close by about twenty kilograms.

I open up my phone and slump down onto my bed. I scroll through Instagram and Snapchat. I decide to send Eddie a Snapchat photo of me saying hey. He replies with a photo of him lying down, smirking, hand behind his mop of red hair. He's got his biceps showing and he's wearing a black shirt.

E: Hey, Martina. Fancy going out with me Wednesday night?

Behind my phone, I'm burning up. I stare at Eddie's photo a while longer, still blushing, then reply.

M: I'd love to. Location?

E: I was thinking of taking you up to this hill I like to read at sometimes. Just for a little late night picnic.

M: It's a date, then? You'll pick me up, right?

E: If you want it to be, sure ;) and yes I'll pick you up.

What do I do now? A fire extinguisher would be really great to use on my face right about now. I'm going on a date! I remember what Freya and Layla told me; don't think of Eddie as a friend or you're not going get him.

M: So, I'm reaaally bored right now... wanna play a truth game?

Why am I being so daring?

E: Sure. It's on.

M: Right. I'll ask first. What's the most embarrassing thing you've been caught doing?

E: Singing.

M: That's it? Nothing else :P?

E: Well, yes, break dancing, except I haven't been caught doing that yet ;).

Ok, what is wrong with me? I didn't take anything, did I? No bravery or courage pills? Apparently not, since I didn't eat much.

M: Omg, hahaha.

E: Ok, my turn... what's the most childish thing you still do?

M: Umm... I try not to step on cracks in the pavement sometimes and I almost always wish on my eyelashes, dandelions, stars... yeah. Totally embarrassed now.

E: Hey, I still get excited over bubbles. You've got nothing to worry about.

M: I guess so.

Eddie and I go back and forth asking each other questions like that. I learn a lot about him. I know he fears that paperback books will someday stop being written, he's had his first kiss, he doesn't like opening up to many people because people have betrayed his trust, he hasn't told anyone that a kid in fourth grade gave him a big scar across his stomach, and he ran a bird over with his motorbike and gave it it's own funeral.

In return, he knows that I fear my parents getting into an accident of their own, I haven't had my first kiss, I open up easily to the right people, I haven't told people that I thought about ending my life to stop myself suffering from bullying, and he knows that I shoplifted once when I was eight and still have the item; a blue and yellow scrunchie that I still wear today.