Chapter 3 : Bertia (10 Years Old)

"Welcome, it's been a long time your highness Cecil" (Bertia)

"Thank you for the invitation, it has indeed been a long time, miss Bertia" ( Cecil)

It's the 10th birthday of miss Bertia.

Unlike the usual, I've been busy in these 3 months and couldn't find the time to meet miss Bertia but now she looks quite...  haggard.

"What happened, are you feeling unwell?" (Cecil)

Even if the party held later is a private ones and attended only by close relatives and family, she's still the leading role in the party that's currently being prepared.

She's already finished her preparation even when I used my status as her escort and fiancée as an excuse to visit the Nochesse mansion earlier than planned.

Like my dark gold hair (milk tea) like hair that looks quite mature on a ten years old, her dress that seems to emphasize the beauty of that hair make her looks cute though she seems to be leaking an exhausted aura around her.

Although somehow only her blue eyes seem to radiate a condemning looks toward me.

"Your highness, you're cruel" (Bertia)

"Hmm?" (Cecil)

Being guided to the guest room, as soon as she finished her greetings, words of condemn came out from her mouth.

Despite this, I'm still the crown prince you know, if you say this in a public place, the people around me would look really pale right now........ The only one's here in this room is her 2 maids that seems to be quite used to this and was just calmly serving the tea though.

The black fox curling up on her knees is just nonchalantly swinging it's tails too.

"Miss Bertia, did I do something to cloud your beautiful face?" (Cecil) 1
Tilting my head to ask, she started to scream [] whilst starting to hit the cushion beside her into the sofa.

On top being obvious, it's a harmless and efficient way to show a tantrum.

The fox on her knees seem to be quite troubled though.

"..... ahem, excuse me" (Bertia)

Her maids made her drink the tea to calm her down, after about 30 seconds she seemed to have calmed down and with a face that looks like she screwed up, she put back the cushion to it's original place and coughed.

"You're also in the wrong your highness. As promised, I didn't mention about [my past] to anyone other than you. That's why, that's why, the only one I can discuss in regards to my mother's situation is only you at the moment, but you didn't even come and visit me during this 3 months. Today is already my birthday you know? If this follows the original story, my mother would have been dead by now. During the times we didn't meet I even sent a lot of letter to you but you would just replied [no problem] every-time. I don't know what should I do...."( Bertia) 2

Her maids standing here knows about that story too...... Somehow she just filtered them as [haven't heard anything] huh....

Since its Nochesse family's maids, they probably wouldn't leak the rambling of their master to anyone else, even my [Envoy] doesn't notice any sign of leaking so there should be no problem.

Thinking that, I listened to her condemn and suddenly she started to cry.

As expected even I was flustered.

Without making a sound, I put the tea back into the table and hurriedly moved beside her, putting my hand on her back.

For an unmarried couple, this distance is a bit to close, but we're already engaged so there should be no problem.