Chapter 15-He Called Me Baby

Word Count: 1774

Dawn Turner

We all go through all sorts of bad things when growing up. We question whether anything we had ever done was even worth it. We think 'My life is literally over' when in reality, it has barely begun.

In these moments, no matter where we look, all we can see is a black tunnel leading to absolute darkness. And behind that darkness? Nothing. No hope for the future, no chance at finding true love, and no happy endings.

My tunnel was also dark. It didn't lead to nothing, however. It lead to death. And at this point? I'm not sure which is worse.

Oh and I literally meant death by the way because right behind me stood the one and only fallen angel that seemed to have a habit of showing up at the worst possible time ever.

"It's me. Hi there." He gave Skylar a warm smile and I was shocked at how good he was at faking it. If I didn't know that he was an absolute psychopath, I would have thought he was a kind and decent man.

His hands went to caress my hair from the back but as soon as he did that, I felt something cold touch the back of my neck, making me shiver and cower away in fear.

He had a knife.

I know I said I was ready to die but I am NOT dying in front of my best friend. If he wanted to kill me, he should at least do it when no one's around. It's called common decency.

"Dawn...who is this?" Skylar's eyes were filled with adoration as she stared at the guy next to me. Alexander and I were both wearing black from head to toe and I cursed myself because we were matching quite perfectly.

Wrong day to be depressed, Dawn.

"I'm her boyfriend. Nice to meet you, Skylar." The jerk sent a smirk in my direction and shook Skylar's extended hand. I opened my mouth to say something but he pressed the edge of the knife into my neck lightly and it took everything in me not to scream in pain.

If just poking me with a knife hurt me this much, I wonder how much more it is going to hurt when he actually decides stabs me to death one day.

"Friend, that is a boy. That's what he meant." I managed to let out. I faked a sweet smile at him and Skylar nodded with both understanding and disappointment about the fact that her friend is never going to find a boyfriend.

If only she knew who this jerk was. She'd be running for the hills by now.

Skylar has been trying to set me up with a guy for a while and that has never worked. If I'm being honest, It's not going to work any time soon either. I had enough problems in my life and I did not need a man to add more problems to it.

"Ah, yes, the good old friend zone. She's just in denial. Aren't you, baby?" He tightened his hold on my hair and the blade pressed against my already scratched neck again. I quickly stood up and backed away from him before he could stop me.

He called me baby.

I want him dead.

"Um, yes I am. You know me, never settling down." I laughed nervously.

'Send help' is what I was trying to say.

Skylar did not get the memo because Alexander was just smiling at the both of us smugly and she looked confused about what was happening.

If I manage to make it back home alive, I am going to spend the entire night researching multiple ways to kill a fallen angel because the urge to absolutely murder him is at an all time high right now.