Chapter 8 Bertia (14 years old)[2]

Maybe its because of Silica-jyou's guidance, after that Bertia's rampage had been contained somewhat. Although it didn't completely dissapear.

One time, she dragged Cynthia-jyou to the student council room and suddenly requested Bard to teach them horse-riding.

As Bard is usually like the kind older brother who didn't really mind things, he didn't think further and accepted her request. Although I fear everything is an [Event] to help bard to take Cynthia-jyou to his arms.

In the end, for some reason I got dragged into all of these and ended up taking his guidance. At that time, I noticed that Cynthia-jyou had already mastered horse riding and there is nothing more to teach her.

"Eh? Wasn't Cynthia-sama supposed to be frail because of the disease that's spread throughout the capital? Because of that you didn't exercise much and shut yourself inside your mansion, living your life reading books everyday? That's the setting... I mean rumor that I've heard about you."

Bertia was tilting her head Cynthia-jyou who, instead of using the side saddle used by girls to ride a horse, gallantly rode on the back of the horse while having fun.

"Ara?I didn't know where you hear such a thing but as far as I've lived I had never gotten ill to such a state. Even though I liked reading books, I loved horse riding just as much. I even rode around my territory with my horse sometimes."

To Cynthia-jyou's answer, Bertia is confusingly tilting her head.

Why did she even overlook such a basic things,I thought. I approached her and whispered to her ears.

"Bertia, did you forgot that the plague that hit the capital few years ago was contained in no time and there's almost no causalities?"(Cecil)

"Ahhhhh.... I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!"

Finally understanding the situation, Bertia screamed suddenly and started holding her head.

In the end, instead of practicing horse riding, we went and traveled horseback.

Recognizing each other's skill, Bard and Cynthia-jyou started to have a race in no time. It's a speed where Bertia who only learned how to ride a horse in a side saddle couldn't catch up. So it ended up as Bertia riding together with me in order to catch up to them.

To the unusual speed, Bertia was scared and starting to had tears on the end of her eyes and hold me tightly. It was interesting so I made a little prank like rising the speed even more and held her in an unstable way.

Then, one time, to get over Shaun's
bad feelings with Joanna-jyou, she created a plan to make a hand make cookies executed it.

In regards to that matter, In addition to the fact that Joanna-jyou is Shaun's political marriage partner, since she liked Shaun, she went along Bertia's plan.

To be exact, I think half of her reason was because of her maiden like heart who wishes to gift Shaun something, the other half is because Bertia's plan seemed interesting.

With this and that,they went to execute the self made cake plan.

Let's talk about the result first.

Joanna-jyou who's basically good in everything, is just clueless on making cookies.

Being a sore loser, she tried to challenge a lot of things but in the end, all of them failed.

Either it's burned like a charcoal, having good looking cookies but hard as stone, or places that needed to be hard is soft somehow.

The taste also varies from being too sweet, salty, or sour. no matter what you just couldn't think of the thing as delicious.