Chapter 10: Anger

James' POV:

Proceeding into the front room I entered in expecting to see all my most trusted men waiting to start the last minute meeting I'd organised when I first brought Isabella here.

Men stood from their seats and bowed their heads in respect as I made my way through the lit up room and sat down on my large arm chair at the opposite side of the room.

Nodding back at my men they went back to their original places. Some chose to sit down and others stood at the side waiting for me to begin the meeting.

"So I'm sure you're all aware of what has gone on. In a few weeks Isabella will be my wife and I need you all to be my eyes and ears when I'm not around".

I gazed around the room examining their facial expressions. Some shocked, some happy and some whispering amongst each other. Smirking to myself, bet they didn't see that coming. They all know I'm a smash and dash man and the idea of marriage was laughable. But times change and I want it all with Isabella.

None of my men uttered a word, for they didn't know what to say

"She will try to escape and I will not let that happen. If anyone so much as helps her escape, then they will pay with their life. If she does try and run refrain yourself from touching her as I'm the only one that's allowed to feel her soft skin. But if there's no alternative then be gentle and do not harm her in anyway. Am I clear?" I bellow into the quiet room.

"Yes boss". Every man's voice erupts confirming they've understood what's been asked of them.

"So moving on to the main reason of why I've called for a sudden meeting is that thanks to Chase and Harry we've found which gang hijacked the weapon shipment 4 days ago. The studded Vipers have returned stronger than ever with a new leader named who's name remains currently unknown, but can only be described as ruthless. Your task is to find out as much about him as you can. Family, friends, past relationships, houses etc. I expect you all to report back to me in a week's time with the information I require".

"Is that clea-"

"Boss she's escapin-"
The loud voice of my guard outside stops me mid sentence and the words he yells causes my heart to stop.

The little princess is really testing my patience today.

Rushing to the window closest to the sound of my man yelling I look in panic and my eyes widen as I see him lying unconscious on the floor with my princess stood beside him holding a large stone slab.

How the hell did she knock him out with that.

"Fucking hell. Get out and bring her to me" I growl angrily running my hand through my hair. And to think I was gonna go slow and soft with her. Poor little princess. She has no idea what's coming her way.

Bounding out the door I follow behind my men but the adrenaline causes me to run faster than I've ever run in my life. I felt like a predator going up against other predators chasing after the same prey. Blood pumping at an extremely fast rate and a loud growl escapes my lips as I watch my helpless angel rush off down the pathway.