Chapter 110: Neglect

Jess POV

I sat at the edge of the floating platform being pulled into Limbo, through the hole where Veritas was as it slowly repaired itself.

Soon it would be forgotten, other than the monoliths and the massive crater below, any other evidence of this phenomenon happening wouldn't be discovered and gossiped.

If only it was the same for me. I can feel my brother's blood drying and cooling, sticking to my marked and burned body. Feeling the bits of his flesh stuck in between my teeth.

No matter how I think, it would only end in lies. No matter what I plot, it would only be a short-term solution.

My lone hand covered my eyes, hiding my unwilling leaking tears. Shaking my head slowly. "How am I going to explain this to Jennifer...?"

As a child, I would think that nothing could be found in the dark, not even the problems and hardships. But even as a remove my tear-soaked hand, the notifications forced me to face what I had done.

Ping!

You have killed your brother! You no longer have any living relatives! You are all alone!

Ping!

Herobrine is delighted! You murdered the last living member of your family in cold, rage-induced homicide! He has rewarded you with 50,000,000 Divine Points!

"Don't feel too bad; you warned him, and he decided to get in your way."

Ping!

Notch is sad that you are all alone in this world. He pities you with 25,750 Divine Points- it's enough for a healing skill other than blood magic.

"Your brother made many mistakes, and you have the right to be mad at him for what he did. But like everyone, he is only human, including you."

I lay on my burned back, looking at the repairing hole in the sky pulling everything in. Feeling the platform I'm laying down on rumble as in the distance I can hear other objects and masses of physical matter collide with one another.

I watched large chunks of stone cross through the hole in the sky, shattering due to the pressure and force of being transported. I should be doing something to prevent myself from being dragged into Limbo, I know I should- but why should I?

I'm smart enough to know. My family tree is dead, and it dies with me. I have no family, and no one to call friends because they either pity me, fear me, or just work for me.

So I closed my eyes, and I just have to ask myself. "What's the point of living if I have nothing to live for?"

More power? I could easily get it with effort and plotting, it's fun- but I'm just so exhausted from doing it.

Love? My niece will soon hate me, and I refuse to lie to a child- they at least deserve that much.

For my family and friends? I just ruined the former, and the latter ruined me years ago; my new friends don't need me anymore.

What's the point in living, when you have done everything, where your goals and efforts become trivial and meaningless?

----------

Flashback Ivor and Jess

"Jess, hurry! We need to get packing!" I heard Ivor shout, and then a large explosion. "Agh! Jess, hurry! There's a fire!" Ivor screamed.

Minutes passed after I frantically helped Ivor put out the inferno, coughing as I stumbled outside the temple, the smoke from the fire dispersing into the night air as Ivor put out the fire he started.