Hear Me Say

A love story.

An  alternate universe.

**********

"Oh my god, he's done it again!" Bailey exclaimed, planting the university school paper forcefully in front of her best friend.

The group of friends howled rowdily, nudging each other as they threw the petite girl teases that were enough to make her ears red.

Kaycee rolled her eyes, honestly annoyed, at the same time amused with her friends' teases. This has been going on for almost a year now, and although she had read every single article written about her, she never really cared and thought about it.

What could she gain from an anonymous writer anyway? Should she be flattered?

She would be lying if she wasn't, but if the writer would remain anonymous in the long run, clearly he or she – he must be a he, though – didn't want to be found out. 

But then again, like many times before, she allowed herself to get lost in the words that had always touched her soul.

To the girl with the eyes like that of a molten gold,

You might have not noticed, but my heart – no, the world – stopped around me the moment you stepped into that stage that had only showcased how radiant you are, as if God had carefully took his time intricately weaving every part of you, and maybe He then thought, "Ah, you are meant for the stage."

Your beauty shouldn't be wasted hidden behind your books, or your smiles limited to the people close to you. The whole world should see this – they should see how your curls flow like a rippling river over your shoulder, see how your smile lights up like a lighthouse would in a darkened ocean, see how your golden eyes can capture just by one gaze like how it drew me in the first time, and I was trapped ever since.

Not that I'm complaining.

And then you moved like a graceful deer around the stage, falling on your toes like a falling leaf, moving your body with the emotions brought by the music. I felt like I was watching a moving painting. I'd say beautiful, just how every part of you is.

People were on their feet, clapping and cheering, clearly amazed by your dancing, and I could see how your cheeks pinked in wonder, as if you're thinking how in the world the crowd loved that.

And how in the world they won't?

You're beautiful.

If only I could...

Kaycee didn't realize she was holding her breath. She couldn't deny it, she wanted to read more; this was shorter than the writer's usual, it was as if he had written this just to compliment her with her recent performance.

Why can't he just approach her and talk to her in person?

She sighed as she looked over to his words again. And it was then she realized how Bailey and Chloe's faces were pressed on her cheeks, also peering over the article. Bailey was in tears, while Chloe's mouth was agape.

"Oh my god..." Bailey whispered, wiping her eyes and she looked at her with puppy eyes. "We have to know who he is."

This wasn't the first time Bailey proposed something like this; she had suggested this since the very first time they discovered that the writer was writing about Kaycee Rice. And everytime, Kaycee would turn the idea down. For her, it was not worth it to waste time and effort to find someone who clearly doesn't want to be known.