Chapter 9: Show Me Your True Self

Dedicated Chapter Song: Katy Perry - Rise

Through the madness and chaos. So I call on my angels. They say ”Oh, ye of so little faith, don't doubt it, don't doubt it. Victory is in your veins. You know it, you know it. And you will not negotiate. Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed.”
(Hiromi)

A Cerberus, a Bicorn, a Hellhound and a Chimera were all summoned by my hand in a matter of seconds, each one giving off a thick black mist as their own signature that they belonged to me

A Cerberus, a Bicorn, a Hellhound and a Chimera were all summoned by my hand in a matter of seconds, each one giving off a thick black mist as their own signature that they belonged to me. They were my shadows. That was my quirk; creating shadows to assist me in battle; completely opposite my father's quirk. While he could summon angelic allies, I could summon demonic, or if I tried hard enough, shadow versions of someone else. That took a lot of unprepared strength, however. I could reproduce someone into a shadow and temporarily use their quirk for as long as my shadow could hold up.

"Where are the jewels, boys?" I croon, petting my Chimera beside me. Todoroki and Deku had their backs up against the wall right on the other side where the door was, not daring to come in to avoid hurting the hostages.

"Why don't we negotiate?" Deku offers.

"Negotiate, my ass!" Bakugou hisses. "Give us the damn jewels or we'll kill your 'Symbol of Peace', Deku!"

I clapped my hands together and sent my Hellhound to the door. "Chewy here will take them from you."

Todoroki stares at my creation in both fear and confusion. "You named this thing 'Chewy'?"

"Shut up." I snarl, snapping my fingers. Chewy gets into an attacking position, only to intimidate them. "Todoroki...what do we do?" Deku whispers.

Using the reflection of a TV, Todoroki could see both Bakugou and I waiting by the hostages for our victory. I stood on the right, close to All Might while Bakugou stood on my left, protected by my Cerberus, who he took a rather fast liking to. My right palm was still open, holding what looked like black smoke in order to still summon needed creatures.

"It looks like she's only using her right hand in this fight. Bakugou can't risk using his quirk in such small spaces because of the hostages. You distract him. I'll try and freeze her hand. Then we can use these," he held up the pairs of handcuffs given to them for this exercise.

"Yeah," Deku nods. "Sounds good." After a second of hesitation, Deku rushes in with Todoroki right behind them.

"Here they come," I sing, ordering my Bicorn after Deku and my Chimera after Todoroki. In a split second Todoroki managed to freeze every single one of my shadows, and even get Bakugou and I stuck to the ground. Making a tiny explosion, Bakugou was able to escape. Me, on the other hand...

Todoroki was close; way too close to me. I had to think fast! I had to- his arm reached out for my right hand. My eye widens as he gets closer. Everything seemed to slow down for me. I can't lose this! I can't lose!