chapter one

"Brynn, I need to ask you to do a favor? Do you mind?" My Spanish teacher asks me

"I don't mind."

"I need you to tutor a student for me who is failing my class. I found out that you need some community service hours to graduate so I thought this would be good for it."

"Uhh, it could be every other night right? I have volleyball practice."

"Yes, it can. I will be the one to sign off on it."

"Oh okay. Who am I tutoring?"

"Mr. Jax Monroe." Jax Monroe, the most popular player in the school. Great, just great. "Is there a problem Brynn?"

"No. Not at all Mrs. Suritza."

"Alright, you may go to lunch."

I nod and walked out of her class. Tutoring Jax? This is going to be so awkward.

I walked to the lunch table I usually sit at with my three best friends. Rex, Kyle, and Kylie.

Rex was the guy who you couldn't resist. He has perfectly chocolate eyes, bouncy curly hair, and a nice ass body. That boy was gorgeous. Everyone was jealous of Kylie and me due to the fact that we get to hang out with him.

Rex had a small group of friends, it was Kylie and I and then a couple of people from his soccer and volleyball team. I met him in volleyball even though girls volleyball season is from August to November and boys is from February till April.

The boys always trained early while the girls just trained during their season. During freshman year I needed help with my overhands so he took the time and helped me get better.

Kylie was the girl that every girl and almost every guy wanted. If you didn't catch on she's bi. She's more on the girly side. She has beautiful green eyes and straight brown hair. She does cheer with me.

Kyle is Kylie's twin. He has the same color hair and his eyes were green but they were a bit darker. He plays basketball and football. He gets girls left and right. He's not the type to be in a relationship though. He isn't a player either.

And then in the group, there's me.

I have dark brown wavy hair, blue eyes which change lighter or darker at times. I play volleyball and I also cheer in a couple of games, I'm focused on my work 24/7. Actually, that's a lie. Don't listen to me. I'm pretty fit but I also love to eat. Food is great, amazing, fantastic, wonderful, and definitely delicious.

"Where were you? What took you so freaking long?" Kylie said pulling me down and into my seat.

"Mrs. Suritza asked me to do something for her."

"What did she ask you?" Kyle says sitting down while chewing on a piece of apple.

"To tutor Jax Monroe."

"Jax Monroe? You're kidding right?" Kylie asks.

"No."

"You know who that is right?" She asks me. This is how she gets.

"Yes, I know who Jax is." I rolled my eyes popping a grape into my mouth.

"And you know he's hot right?"

"Yes, wait noooo." I said trying to get myself out of what I just put myself into.

"Stop! You can't say no. You already said yes!"

"Yeah yeah shut up."

"So you guys are gonna be in his room together hmm?" She wiggles her brows.

"Kylie I'm going there to tutor him not to get in bed with him. I don't even like him. Why would I get in bed with someone I don't like."

"You've done it once," Rex says sitting down in between Kyle and me.

"Once and it was by accident. I was drunk!"

"You still did it."

"Whatever."

"Yo, Brynn." A voice booms loudly. I turned my head to see it was Jax. Jax was gorgeous. He had jet black hair, bright green eyes, and don't even get me started on his body.

I feel like I'm drooling.

"Yeah?" I said but it came out more of a whisper. Well done Brynnley, well done.

"Meet me in the parking lot after school." He gives me a stare. Like a dead stare. Like a stare that could make you shit your pants.

"Okay."

"He used to be so cheerful and happy. Now he is just kind of a little boring-ass turd." Kyle rolls his eyes.

"Why did he quit the football team last year? You still haven't told me." Rex asks Kyle.

"I don't know. He just did it out of the blue. I guess he doesn't have time for it anymore."

"Let him do whatever makes him happy." I shrugged and they all looked at me and then shook their heads.

I just rolled my eyes and we all continued to eat and talk about our classes.

I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter <3

Published: August 22, 2019