Time Changes You just a Little PART 3

A few weeks after (Y/n) Had returned, She had been going back to her habit of helping Varian, going to the lab and 'bothering' him as she put it. She would sit on part of his desk watching him work. Even though doing it now was a little harder, cause now it was distracting to Varian. (you would be distracted too with a beautiful woman on your desk)

One day, (Y/n) had to make a run to Corona obviously craving Atillas baked goods. Varian sighed a bit watching her leave. 

"What's the matter Varian? You have been acting really weird since (Y/n) came home." he said, smirking knowing what Varians Problem was. Varian sighed.

"Dad I see (Y/n) in a new light, I mean I see her. How amazing she is...more than before." he said before groaning. "something must be wrong with me. I mean all I want is to make (Y/n) happy, to have her by my side..." he said and Quirin laugh a bit causing Varian to raise an eyebrow.

"Varian nothing is wrong. You have just matured, seeing how she has too. I mean there was always something there when you 2 were younger. As kids you were close, you shared everything, from secrets to food. Even at early teens you were still close, ready to  defend the other and even when she left you and her never let the distance ruin that friendship" he shrugged.  

"Dad are you telling me I'm in love with (Y/n) and always have been?" he asked, causing Quirin to bust out laughing.

"You said it son." he said crossing his arms. Varian thought a moment, holding his head and laughing. 

"Oh my god you're right! B-but what, do you think? DO you think she...would ever like a loser like me?" Quirin gave him a look. 

"She broke a guys jaw because he stole your invention and tried to pawn it as his own." he said with a flat face and duh tone in his voice. Him and Varian had proceeded to walk home, now in the house.

"Okay you made your point dad." he said laughing. 

"Well I am needed in another village for the next week Varian." he said putting his hand on Varians shoulder. "promise me while I'm gone that you wont do any extreme experiments that might destroy half the village. Varian sighed.

"Don't worry dad, I'll probably check the water heaters, and probably work on some non exploding experiments. It will be a boring week." he said causing Quirin to nod. 

"Alright." he said nodding. 

(three days later!)

Varian seemed distant the last 3 days, since Quirin left, Varian kept acting secretly. At this point she looked at his house out her window, wondering if she did something wrong. She sat on her bed, now looking at picture of her and Varian at 9 years old. 

There was then a knock on the door. She got up, leaving her room to answer the door.  No one was there? She looked around then down to see a bouquet of red roses with a note. Upon picking up the beautiful roses, she looked at  the note.

'Be ready at 6 (Y/n). I am taking you on a picnic date!  ~Varian' read the note. (Y/n) blushes heavily.

"a date?" she said smiling, closing the door and smelling the roses. "I can't wait."  she giggled

(time skip to 6 and this is your dress!)