Imagine 28 - Fake

You and your partner, Carisi, were working on a case undercover. You two had to pretend to be a married couple living a happy, normal, suburban life. Although you were feeling the complete opposite. You couldn't stand Carisi. Every little thing he did annoyed you. The next couple of weeks was going to be a real pain.

You two had arrived at the house you were staying in and began bringing in some boxes.

"(Y/N), can you take these?" Carisi asked.

"Well, I'm the only one actually doing the work around here so I guess I don't really have a choice." You said passive aggressively.

"Look, I know you're not too fond of me but you need to at least pretend you're somewhat happy."

You rolled your eyes and brought the next box inside.

"Hey, looks like our guy is already coming over to introduce himself." Carisi said as you came back.

"He just can't wait can he?"

"I wouldn't be able to either when you're dressed like that." He said jokingly.

"Not funny." You said before ripping the next box out of his grip.

"C'mon, I'm just trying to make light of the situation."

"There's nothing to joke about here. This guy's an alleged serial rapist. You need to take this seriously."

"I am taking this seriously (Y/N)."

"Shh..lower your voice. Are you trying to blow our cover?"

"Sorry." He said in a defeated tone.

"Now, let me do the talking. God knows you'll find some way to screw this up." You said in annoyance.

A few seconds later your suspect or 'neighbor' as you would have to be calling him for the rest of your time here, arrived and introduced himself.

"You must be the new couple moving in! I just wanted to come over and introduce myself. I live right across the street."

"Hi! It's nice to meet you Ed!" You said with the most fake smile ever.

"I'm Anthony and that's my wife, Gertrude." Carisi said, butting into the conversation.

"It's nice to meet you folks. I'm guessing you two have heard about me already."

"Pardon?" You asked.

"Well, I forgot to actually say my name but it seems like you already know it."

"Oh..yes...one of the other neighbors was talking about you. Said you were a great plumber!"

"I don't like to brag but I'm definitely the best plumber in this town." He said jokingly.

"I bet!" You said before letting out some nervous, fake laughter.

"I guess we should get back to unloading these boxes right honey?" You said while turning to Carisi.

"Yep. Nice to meet you Ed." Carisi said before smiling.

You waited until Ed went back inside his house to completely rip Carisi a new one.

"Get inside now."

"What did I do this time?" He asked.

You shut the front door and stood in front of it with your arms crossed.

"Out of all the names you could've picked, you chose Gertrude. Gertrude! What am I 90 years old?"

"I panicked! We hadn't chosen our fake names yet so I just said whatever came to my mind."

"That's why I told you to let me handle it! You're an idiot Carisi."

"Well at least I'm not the one who mentioned his first name before he even said it. You could've blown our whole cover y'know?"

"I know what I'm doing Carisi. From now on, I'm taking the lead. You don't do anything unless I give you the okay." You said before pushing him out of your way and heading upstairs.

"(Y/N) wait." He said as he grabbed your arm.

"If we're gonna get this case done successfully, we need to diminish whatever bad blood we have between each other." He said again.

"That's easy to say but actually doing it is a whole other challenge. Now get off of me."

"(Y/N) please."

"Let go." You said more firmly this time.

He sighed and let go of your arm.

"Bring the rest of these boxes upstairs." You motioned.

"Whatever you say, boss."

*Time skip*

It was later that night and you had been thinking about what Carisi said earlier about trying to get along. You felt bad for snapping at him. You decided it was time to apologize.

You went downstairs and saw Carisi sitting on the couch, watching a movie.

"What's up (Y/N)? Here to yell at me again?" He asked while muting the tv.

"No um I just wanted to talk about earlier.."

"What about it?"

"I wanted to apologize for how I treated you earlier...I know we haven't always gotten along but the way I acted was totally out of line and rude...I'm sorry."

"Thank you (Y/N). I accept your apology."

"That's good to hear.."

"Anyways, I'm watching one of my favorite movies right now if you'd like to join me."

"No way..that's one of my favorites too."

"Isn't it crazy to see how much we have in common when we're not constantly bickering with each other?" He jokingly asked.

"Very crazy indeed." You admitted.

"Well, come watch with me then." He said while patting the spot next to him.

You sat down next to him and curled up in a blanket, eventually falling asleep with your head on his shoulder.

Maybe the next few weeks wouldn't be so bad...