Chapter 19

Abbie's POV.  

"Do you think I should wear this shirt? Or this one?" I asked nervously, holding up two shirts to Rose and Heather.  

They both looked at each other before looking back at me. "I still think you should wear a potato sack, he doesn't deserve you looking pretty for him" Heather muttered, looking down at her phone.  

Rose nudged her elbow, stifling a laugh. "I like the first one. It brings out your eyes" she paused for a second. "But I agree with Heather" 

I rolled my eyes. "I really want to make this work guys. He's the only guy who's ever liked me, and he's giving me another chance. If it doesn't work I'll be forever alone"  

Heather sighed. "But he's a jerk Abbie! He cares too much about what people think of him!" 

"He's changed. I believe he has." I said as I shrugged on the pale blue shirt.  

"Alright...whatever. We're just thinking of what's best for you" Rose warned. "Yeah that shirt looks good on you" she added.  

"Thanks" I smiled, turning around in front of the mirror to get a look from the back. "What time is it?" 

"Time for the prick to get here any minute," Heather muttered under her breath. I scowled at her. "Heard that." 

She looked up and smiled sweetly at me. "Heard what?" 

I rolled my eyes, cracking a smile. My friends are special.  

"Jonathan! Jordyn! Are you guys ready?" I shouted as we came down the stairs.  

I told Kevin that to earn my trust back, he had to accept the fact that I had to take care of the twins on my own now. To prove himself, he said they could come with us on our date. I wasn't even the one to propose it. So in my head, I honestly believe he's changed. Or that he's trying.  

Jordyn ran up to me just as I stepped on the last step of the staircase.  

"When are the others coming back? Is it 90 days yet?" she whined, pulling on my shirt. Jonathan ran up then, stopping next to us.  

"No, it's still going to be a little while" I answered, running my hands in my hair.  

"Okay. I miss them" she said sadly, looking down. I picked her up in my arms. "It's okay sweetie, time will go by quickly if you smile and have fun."  

She looked up at me and showed her teeth. "Okay!" 

The doorbell rang then, and I froze.  

"Can I get the door?" Heather asked with a huge smile on her face.  

I gave her a suspicious look. "Don't tell him to go away."