2.12

*unedited*
[I had time!]
This arc seems to be dragging, right? I'm planning on ending it in a few chapters to make it seem less forced.

Sun Hui walked into the throne room, dressed in red and gold garbs with small dragons on the gold trims. The Emperor had presented him with these clothes for the festival to "match" him. It was an implicit way of claiming him in front of the whole country, basically.

The Emperor's dark brown and auburn locks fell to his side and off the shoulder as he tilted his head in boredom. He absolutely hated these festivals, but since Wen Jingyi was excited, he could make due with just that in mind.

Like Wen Jingyi, the Emperor was clad in red and gold. The thing that really made him stood out, though, was a royal robe he had grabbed during business in Europe. He had found it in the royal palace's shops, and bought the fine red silk. It had a white fur trim. On his head was a gold circlet. Like always, he was wearing his excessive amounts of jewelry.

(Quick note: Not sure if the Emperor really did travel to other countries or not.)

When Wen Jingyi walked into the room, he quickly lifted his head and gave a full white teeth grin, "Xiao Jingyi."

The Emperor swiftly got up from his throne and strode over to Wen Jingyi.

Wen Jingyi was about to open his mouth to speak when Du Qiang pulled out a collar from his robes.

His mouth closed.

The collar was gem encrusted, just like the one from the last world.

The collar came too? Are the worlds' encouraging our kinky sex? Sun Hui couldn't believe it.

"I want you to wear this during the festival," Du Qiang said, strapping it on Wen Jingyi. He stroked his neck as he did so. "That way, any wanderers know that you're taken in case you stray from my side."

Even his words are familiar to that of the previous world, Sun Hui bit his lip. Somewhere deep down, he knew he'd burst into tears if he didn't get away soon.

But Du Qiang obviously wouldn't let him leave like that, so he did his best to at least hold it in for the festival.

In truth, the Emperor saw the collar at one of his prized jewel appraisal shops. Without hesitating or even thinking "what am I doing?," he had bought the collar. It was as if it had put him under a trance, calling to him to buy it. He had decided to present it to Wen Jingyi for the festival.

Chen Bao walked into the room with a rather complexed expression on his face. It's only been a few minutes, but the words Wen Jingyi told him were stuck in his head. He had been seriously thinking in those few moments, What is it that I'll regret?

Naturally, he wouldn't believe such a low status farmer child sputtering out nonsense—or any kind of sense, for that matter. But Wen Jingyi had proved time and time again with his elaborate poems that he was wise beyond his years, not to mention his current connection with the Emperor. By now, why wouldn't he be considered credible?

"Is everything alright, Chen Bao?" Sun Hui raised an eyebrow in mocking.

Chen Bao immediately straightened his posture and saluted, "Everything is fine, Xiao Wen."